• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loki, Scarlet Witch & More in Disney Spinoff Shows

26 posts in this topic

Marvel Studios is developing limited series for Disney’s streaming service focused on live-action MCU characters like Scarlet Witch and Loki. Disney is looking to expand their pop culture dominance with the launch of a streaming service of their own, and aren’t shying away from major content. Jon Favreau is developing the first live-action Star Wars show, but Disney’s other major brand, Marvel, is getting in on the content boom too

https://screenrant.com/loki-scarlet-witch-mcu-disney-streaming/?utm_content=buffer3999f&utm_medium=Facebook-Distribution&utm_source=SR-UMU&utm_campaign=SR-UMU

It could bring some massive fatigue to MCU watchers, though. Not only do we have 3 movies a year to see, usually multiple times, but now shows produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Fiege on the Disney streaming service (that may tie into the MCU)?

It's an interesting concept, and it could kill Marvel TV. Their shows already aren't great, and people have been losing interest.

It's about a year away, and I'll try to remain open-minded.

8 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

It could bring some massive fatigue to MCU watchers, though. Not only do we have 3 movies a year to see, usually multiple times, but now shows produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Fiege on the Disney streaming service (that may tie into the MCU)?

It's an interesting concept, and it could kill Marvel TV. Their shows already aren't great, and people have been losing interest.

It's about a year away, and I'll try to remain open-minded.

I think the key would be limited series somewhat like the Netflix shows.

It looks like though both Marvel and DC will be both expanding with their upcoming streaming services.

My bet will be on the Disney one just because Disney/Marvel has a better track record than DC.

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It looks like though both Marvel and DC will be both expanding with their upcoming streaming services.

My bet will be on the Disney one just because Disney/Marvel has a better track record than DC.

Marvel has not had a better track record with the TV shows or animated films. That is the one area that WB/DC has done a better job over the years. It will be interesting to see if this holds up. 

21 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Not when it comes to TV shows. Marvel TV is mostly garbage. DC shows are mostly watchable, and I love the Gotham series.

I would say the opposite.

Marvel - Daredevil (awesome), The Punisher (awesome), Jessica Jones 1 (very enjoyable), Luke Cage (snooze fest), Iron Fist (barely watchable)

DC - Gotham (bored after series 2), Arrow (bored after series 3), Supergirl & Flash (too hokey looking to even bother watching), Legends of Tomorrow (Beyond terrible)

DC animated is a whole 'nother level and has been beating Marvel over the head for decades.

2 hours ago, bane said:

I would say the opposite.

Marvel - Daredevil (awesome), The Punisher (awesome), Jessica Jones 1 (very enjoyable), Luke Cage (snooze fest), Iron Fist (barely watchable)

DC - Gotham (bored after series 2), Arrow (bored after series 3), Supergirl & Flash (too hokey looking to even bother watching), Legends of Tomorrow (Beyond terrible)

DC animated is a whole 'nother level and has been beating Marvel over the head for decades.

I've seen every Marvel TV show other than Daredevil, and none of them are any good.

If you're bored by Gotham, then I question your attention span. It's better than every single Marvel TV show AINEC. You're the first person, of hundreds, that I've seen or heard claim that DC doesn't have better shows. It's surprising. That puts you in a very tiny minority.

Not meant to offend. Everyone has their own opinions, but as I said, yours is shared by < 1% of anyone I've talked to.

23 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Not meant to offend. Everyone has their own opinions, but as I said, yours is shared by < 1% of anyone I've talked to.

You are right, everyone has their own opinions but you seem to have arrived from bizarro land where DC is king of TV.

Daredevil S1, S2 & The Punisher FAR surpasses anything DC has put out, especially if you are lauding Gotham as the best they have to offer.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone else on this forum has to say but everyone I know tends to agree with me. 2c

Just now, bane said:

You are right, everyone has their own opinions but you seem to have arrived from bizarro land where DC is king of TV.

Daredevil S1, S2 & The Punisher FAR surpasses anything DC has put out, especially if you are lauding Gotham as the best they have to offer.

I'd be interested to hear what everyone else on this forum has to say but everyone I know tends to agree with me. 2c

You suck. Marvel TV sucks. DC is king. 2c [/sarcasm]

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I'd disagree when it comes to TV shows. Look at the following of the WB series vs the ABC :sick: shows

Plus to me the benchmark for super hero tv shows is Daredevil Season 1. That is the gold standard.

I would say also Daredevil Season 2, Jessica Jones, and Punisher Season 1 beat any of the CW shows.

What's cool about the Netflix Marvel shows is you can binge watch them, and with only 13 episodes go back and rewatch them.

That's hard to do with the CW shows with all their episodes. So quality over quantity here.