• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visit to the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Con 13-14 September 2018

17 posts in this topic

The Leader is due for a radiation "tune-up".  "Horrors of War" was a 1938 set of gum cards.  It was not done in the 1960s nor was it done by Norman Saunders.  

The Leader may well be thinking of "Battle" - a series done in the 1960s.  Norman Saunders was an artist for that series.

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

The Leader is due for a radiation "tune-up".  "Horrors of War" was a 1938 set of gum cards.  It was not done in the 1960s nor was it done by Norman Saunders.  

The Leader may well be thinking of "Battle" - a series done in the 1960s.  Norman Saunders was an artist for that series.

Thank you. I'll make the correction.

As per usual, very cool.

Old toys, cards, pulps and movie posters.  What's not to like?
I had the 007 electric drawing set and used it as a light table to trace comics.  It was instrumental in elevating my drawing career as a child.
I wish I would'a kept my '66 Marvel bubble gum cards, and that I didn't plaster my bedroom door with the Marvel sticker cards.  But it did make for a cool door. 

Thanks again for the report!

edit addendum: when the bulb in the 007 drawing table burned out, I replaced it with a 15-25 W bulb (as I remember) but later I used a much higher wattage bulb (likely out of necessity) and it ended up melting the plastic drawing surface when I left it unattended for awhile.  Kids.

Edited by Unca Ben