• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Original Art for Batman's...er...member.

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

Will the artwork appeal to the BSDs, I wonder?

And if the market for this page is pumped up by those BSD's, how long can they keep it up?

23 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

And if the market for this page is pumped up by those BSD's, how long can they keep it up?

This thread is deteriorating rapidly.  Maybe Phillip-what's-is-face should move back onto his more usual conspiracy theories?  (shrug)

Edited by The Voord

13 minutes ago, The Voord said:

This thread is deteriorating rapidly.  Maybe Phillip-what's-is-face should move back onto his more usual conspiracy theories?  (shrug)

I think it started there....we've simply elevated the conversation. 

I remember someone trying to sell the page where Captain America dies. Kept posting it online for sale, asking like $4K for it, never sold. Looks like another stupid publicity stunt. Have seen many stories where there is a naked man or woman in shadow and never showed any detail. Looking at the page, there was no reason to show his D I C K except for cheap publicity. Really unprofessional, either Lee Bermejo is a bad artist or it was written into the --script by Brian Azzarello. Someone will buy it and pay stupid money for it, wait a year and it will be worth 1/10 of what the speculator buys it for.

Edited by Brian Peck

3 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I remember someone trying to sell the page where Captain America dies. Kept posting it online for sale, asking like $4K for it, never sold. Looks like another stupid publicity stunt. Have seen many stories where there is a naked man or woman in shadow and never showed any detail. Looking at the page, there was no reason to show his D I C K except for cheap publicity. Really unprofessional, either Lee Bermejo is a bad artist or it was written into the ---script by Brian Azzarello. Someone will buy it and pay stupid money for it, wait a year and it will be worth 1/10 of what the speculator buys it for.

I'm okay with cheap publicity stunts. You do realize that virtually every superheroine costume is designed to appeal to the testosterone in teenage males (or at least the teenager in all men)? If they wore athletic bra's, as they should, their front images would probably drop by at least 2 inches and a cup size. 

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I remember someone trying to sell the page where Captain America dies. Kept posting it online for sale, asking like $4K for it, never sold. Looks like another stupid publicity stunt. Have seen many stories where there is a naked man or woman in shadow and never showed any detail. Looking at the page, there was no reason to show his D I C K except for cheap publicity. Really unprofessional, either Lee Bermejo is a bad artist or it was written into the ----script by Brian Azzarello. Someone will buy it and pay stupid money for it, wait a year and it will be worth 1/10 of what the speculator buys it for.

Has the infamous “Hail Hydra” Cap page been sold yet? And, clearly, that’s a modern page that would require a word balloon overlay. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I remember someone trying to sell the page where Captain America dies. Kept posting it online for sale, asking like $4K for it, never sold. Looks like another stupid publicity stunt. Have seen many stories where there is a naked man or woman in shadow and never showed any detail. Looking at the page, there was no reason to show his D I C K except for cheap publicity. Really unprofessional, either Lee Bermejo is a bad artist or it was written into the ---script by Brian Azzarello. Someone will buy it and pay stupid money for it, wait a year and it will be worth 1/10 of what the speculator buys it for.

Why was it a cheap publicity stunt? It wasn't a sex scene or Batman standing at attention. It was him returning back to the cave after a near death experience. Limping through the cave as he steps out of his suit. We see him covered in scars as the trauma is listed. Battered, beaten and almost vulnerable even though he is still 100% focused.

This was also the 18+ line. We joke here because it is getting a lot of coverage, but it honestly seems like not a big deal at all.

I can read a Garth Ennis comic where someone is strung up by their intestines while still alive, but a completely non-sexual scene with a small amount of nudity is "unprofessional" and a sign that Lee Bermejo is a bad artist? Or something is wrong with Brian Azzarello? Maybe a random bat should of flown by right at the correct time to block the disgusting image, or Alfred could've been holding a teapot?

My only hope is that this doesn't get all the focus and it is hopefully a good story. 100 Bullets was one of my first favorites.

It is doing exactly what it was supposed to do.  Get publicity in the mainstream media for the new Black Label line, and to show these are serious comics for adults.  

I look forward to the onslaught of Lee Bernejo convention sketches and slabbed blank cover sketches of this coming soon to CAF.

Unlike Cap Hydra, I think this will have staying power.  

Snyder said it was to show the vulnerability of Batman. He also says, “Lol. Folks who work with my wife at the hospital asking about this comic book that shows Batman's junk. Had no idea it was this big a deal. Still don't get it, but hey”

IMO it was forced as the lighting perfectly outlined it in every scene, and there were many. 

DC said reprints will not include it and the digital does not either. I’m unsure whether this was a publicity stunt or something they regret as it’s grabbing all the attention. 

Edited by Mr. Machismo

3 hours ago, Peter L said:

Unlike Cap Hydra, I think this will have staying power.  

I, sir, commend you on this thread course correction......

DefinitePinkApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif.d184d806259145f06adc7c7e3413c3ce.gif

The way Azarello wrote the opening sequences of the animated version of "Killing Joke", and how he then considered the Batgirl character, you knew his "100 bullets" days were long gone. And for those of use who dared read the first issues of Moonshine, it was definitively confirmed. This little stunt will now eclipse the Joel Schumacher Bat-Nipples. Right now, I need some lazy writer repellent bat-spray  

7 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I'm okay with cheap publicity stunts. You do realize that virtually every superheroine costume is designed to appeal to the testosterone in teenage males (or at least the teenager in all men)? If they wore athletic bra's, as they should, their front images would probably drop by at least 2 inches and a cup size. 

I agree but the artist went out of his way to show the swinging member.

4 hours ago, Dokstarr said:

Why was it a cheap publicity stunt? It wasn't a sex scene or Batman standing at attention. It was him returning back to the cave after a near death experience. Limping through the cave as he steps out of his suit. We see him covered in scars as the trauma is listed. Battered, beaten and almost vulnerable even though he is still 100% focused.

This was also the 18+ line. We joke here because it is getting a lot of coverage, but it honestly seems like not a big deal at all.

I can read a Garth Ennis comic where someone is strung up by their intestines while still alive, but a completely non-sexual scene with a small amount of nudity is "unprofessional" and a sign that Lee Bermejo is a bad artist? Or something is wrong with Brian Azzarello? Maybe a random bat should of flown by right at the correct time to block the disgusting image, or Alfred could've been holding a teapot?

My only hope is that this doesn't get all the focus and it is hopefully a good story. 100 Bullets was one of my first favorites.

Everyone who worked on it at DC knew it would be a big deal. Stop kidding yourself. If the writer included it in his -script or after the artists drew it and thru editor and so on. Bet it had to be oked by Jim Lee himself. They knew they would get alot of free publicity for this issue, notice they did this in the first issue of the new line of comics. I call him a poor arists because I have read alot of books where they have a neked man or woman sitting walking or running and the artists draws it without showing bare breasts or sex organs. I have nothing against showing nudity but in America is hidden away and frowned upon by certain segments in society.

If there was a reason to show his d i c k in the story, thats fine but there isn't. As I stated before having it in the first issue of the first comics of the "adult" DC line seems contrived. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Machismo said:

Snyder said it was to show the vulnerability of Batman. He also says, “Lol. Folks who work with my wife at the hospital asking about this comic book that shows Batman's junk. Had no idea it was this big a deal. Still don't get it, but hey”

IMO it was forced as the lighting perfectly outlined it in every scene, and there were many. 

DC said reprints will not include it and the digital does not either. I’m unsure whether this was a publicity stunt or something they regret as it’s grabbing all the attention. 

Yup, the artists really pushed it the lighting of the rest of the scene doesn't match the outlining of it.