• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Original Art for Batman's...er...member.

63 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I have nothing against showing nudity but in America is hidden away and frowned upon by certain segments in society.

That sounds like a problem with society and we shouldn't encourage it. The fact that certain segments frown upon some forms of art shouldn't dictate what is allowed and not.

Especially where this is an 18+ comic and it wasn't a sexual scene. It wasn't like it was an issue of Cherry Poptart.

13 hours ago, Dokstarr said:

That sounds like a problem with society and we shouldn't encourage it. The fact that certain segments frown upon some forms of art shouldn't dictate what is allowed and not.

Especially where this is an 18+ comic and it wasn't a sexual scene. It wasn't like it was an issue of Cherry Poptart.

But it had NOTHING to do with the story. DC is taking advantage of america's prudishness which is reflected in the news media. Just a lame way to get free publicity.

Edited by Brian Peck

On 9/22/2018 at 5:00 AM, Brian Peck said:

either Lee Bermejo is a bad artist or it was written into the ---script by Brian Azzarello

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read on this board. Pretty much every comic artist ever (and yes, I realize this is hyperbole) has pushed gratuitous T&A to sell books to the fanboys, but you're a "bad artist" if you slip a dong in there. C'mon.

1 hour ago, Solar said:

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read on this board. Pretty much every comic artist ever (and yes, I realize this is hyperbole) has pushed gratuitous T&A to sell books to the fanboys, but you're a "bad artist" if you slip a dong in there. C'mon.

:whatthe:

2 hours ago, Solar said:

Get in on, slip a dong, get it on...

Maybe I'll live long enough to outlive American prudishness... but I doubt it.

To add my thoughts:

1) Of course DC knew this would get ink, but who can say whether or not the art was instructed toward this result, or if it was done as directed by the -script and given approval afterwards at least in part for that anticipated ink

2) Bermejo is not a bad artist, I would want to hear more 'behind the scenes' info before putting him down for his behavior here

3) I'd rather have this Batman moment go down in history over Kevin Smith's scripted Batman 'bladder spasm' tarnishing Year One

4) Batman has all of the appropriate parts, we all get death and taxes, and everybody poops - big deal