The Original Art for Batman's...er...member.

63 posts in this topic

54 posts
7 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I have nothing against showing nudity but in America is hidden away and frowned upon by certain segments in society.

That sounds like a problem with society and we shouldn't encourage it. The fact that certain segments frown upon some forms of art shouldn't dictate what is allowed and not.

Especially where this is an 18+ comic and it wasn't a sexual scene. It wasn't like it was an issue of Cherry Poptart.

2,366 posts
13 hours ago, Dokstarr said:

That sounds like a problem with society and we shouldn't encourage it. The fact that certain segments frown upon some forms of art shouldn't dictate what is allowed and not.

Especially where this is an 18+ comic and it wasn't a sexual scene. It wasn't like it was an issue of Cherry Poptart.

But it had NOTHING to do with the story. DC is taking advantage of america's prudishness which is reflected in the news media. Just a lame way to get free publicity.

Edited by Brian Peck

4,796 posts
On 9/22/2018 at 5:00 AM, Brian Peck said:

either Lee Bermejo is a bad artist or it was written into the ---script by Brian Azzarello

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read on this board. Pretty much every comic artist ever (and yes, I realize this is hyperbole) has pushed gratuitous T&A to sell books to the fanboys, but you're a "bad artist" if you slip a dong in there. C'mon.

7,230 posts
1 hour ago, Solar said:

This is one of the silliest things I've ever read on this board. Pretty much every comic artist ever (and yes, I realize this is hyperbole) has pushed gratuitous T&A to sell books to the fanboys, but you're a "bad artist" if you slip a dong in there. C'mon.

:whatthe:

23,391 posts
2 hours ago, Solar said:

Get in on, slip a dong, get it on...

11,612 posts
6 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Get it on, that's a shlong, get it on :headbang:

42,892 posts
3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

original-3.gif.e1f262f74261017bdb7c74450b29b3b6.gif

367 posts

I think pulling Bruce Wang is a mistake.  It's too late too hide it now.

Edited by MONSTER

4,976 posts

Maybe I'll live long enough to outlive American prudishness... but I doubt it.

To add my thoughts:

1) Of course DC knew this would get ink, but who can say whether or not the art was instructed toward this result, or if it was done as directed by the -script and given approval afterwards at least in part for that anticipated ink

2) Bermejo is not a bad artist, I would want to hear more 'behind the scenes' info before putting him down for his behavior here

3) I'd rather have this Batman moment go down in history over Kevin Smith's scripted Batman 'bladder spasm' tarnishing Year One

4) Batman has all of the appropriate parts, we all get death and taxes, and everybody poops - big deal

1,431 posts
10 hours ago, MONSTER said:

I think pulling Bruce Wang is a mistake.  It's too late too hide it now.

Something's out of the bag and I don't think that it's a cat...

976 posts
16 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Marc Bolan was more discreet than nude Bat-guy . . . but only just.

marc bolan.jpg

Edited by The Voord

1,726 posts
11 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

4) Batman has all of the appropriate parts, we all get death and taxes, and everybody poops - big deal

please don't let DC editors read this - not something I want to see in a comic book

4,976 posts
8 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

please don't let DC editors read this - not something I want to see in a comic book

:gossip: I have it on good authority that the DC decision makers aren't even aware that they still make comic books 

1,347 posts

I thought it added an important piece to Bat-lore. We now know that Bruce Wayne was circumcised.

120 posts

I will wait for the 3rd print to come out. I hear its the 1 in 50 scratch and sniff Mid Town exclusive  Batman chode variant.