• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Con Revolution Chicago — June 1-2, 2019
1 1

54 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2019 at 8:53 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Good luck, Hector.

I'm hoping this show is better than the last two I've attended. I may be there Sunday morning to pick up some scraps.

had great sales, moved a lot of books (at least 10 long boxes of 50 cent books) and about 4 short boxes of $1, $3 and $5 books. Unfortunately I was the victim of a theft that took the ASM books 33-43 books in my picture and 2 x-men silver age low grade books. About $500 worth of books. We think we know who took them.

10 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

had great sales, moved a lot of books (at least 10 long boxes of 50 cent books) and about 4 short boxes of $1, $3 and $5 books. Unfortunately I was the victim of a theft that took the ASM books 33-43 books in my picture and 2 x-men silver age low grade books. About $500 worth of books. We think we know who took them.

Sorry to hear about this man.  Ever since Leroy has his AF15 stolen last year I am so paranoid about this happening at my booth.  

On 6/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Overall a wonderful show for me. Probably the best show I’ve ever had in terms of quantity sold.

sold at least 18 longs of 50 cent books and sold the remaining 12 to a dealer.

The biggest book I sold was a giant size X-men to a dealer. Everyone was asking about that book and the FF49 and 50 I had 

Lot of young buyers for me. Mainly under 35 was the crowd spending $10-$20 

market is looking good. 

I had a 2 day pass. Went on Saturday and had a fun, but there wasn't enough there for me to go both days. I had plenty of time to see everything.

I was looking for golden age stuff and didn't find anything I was looking for. I ended up leaving with a nice piece of original art   :banana:     , so It was worth it for just the one day since admission was cheap.

I agree that the picture above is not indicative of overall foot traffic. It was never elbow-to-elbow, and certain sections were busier than others, but I never got hit by a tumbleweed. If you've been to WW Chicago, this con was in the hall where folks pick up their wristbands and line up.

I had a two-day pass with early access, so I got in before many of the dealers were fully set up. I was looking for early Marvel SA, and got a nice TOS from Comic Interlude. I thought the dealers had a decent selection, just not the ones I needed. I see this as encouraging for future(?) shows. I also got about 30 books from Hector.

I don't get autographs, or do much in Artist Alley, so 1 full day would have been enough for me. If you enjoy flipping through $0.50 - $5.00 boxes, I think it was well worth the $10 admission that Groupon was offering. Saw quite a few folks making stacks of books. Cosplay was at a minimum. Other than Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Dave & Busters, it was a comic book show.

21 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Not sure what part of the show this was but I was busy at my booth up to 6pm.

This was the entry doors that weren't by Starbucks (so other section from where you were located). You had some minor celebs set up there (Jake the Snake Roberts and Ming from Comic Book Men). I think that Harley Yee was set up on the opposite side of where that black table clothed booth is on the left. So by nature of being more specialty booths...I can see why this area would look empty at certain times. But definitely not indicative of the overall show.