• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman DAMNED #1

126 posts in this topic

I picked up a copy at the LCS on Wednesday, I thought the story was good, with ahem a surprise inside. ;)

I really don't care for the size of the book though (yes the book, not the other thing). I hope all of the Black Label stuff won't be in the oversize format. Otherwise it is trade wait for me.

Edited by FutureFlash

There’s always some skin, sexy pose or something provocative in books. It’s also rated M so just don’t get the fuss. Nudity is not new to the hobby.

Or, is it an issue because it’s bats?  Should make for interesting prospect though. Let’s see if it holds.

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage

I’m on the fence if this would have staying power. It has Batman, the first book of DC’s new comic book lines, showed Batman’s wang (a shadowy at best), it also showed us a side of Bruce’s dad, plus the Joker died. 

But it if you guys all remember Marvel’s Ultimate Line. That was supposed to bring the characters into the 20th century... what happened now??? The only remnants is Miles (Spider-Man 2.0) At first the line was big success, MCU Nick Fury was even based on that. But eventually, the line folded, and nobody cared anymore. 

Id say Batman Damned #1 is like Ultimate Spider-Man #1.... for a few years it’ll stay hot, but eventually it’ll cool down.....