• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman DAMNED #1

126 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

This book will go soft once more and more of them are slabbed, they'll be a lot of 9.8's and won't have the staying power to keep up with the flood of 9.8's. I'd stay away from this book and don't get caught up in the hype. The inflated prices will shrink once Batman gets near Mr Freeze 

^^

5 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

Wondering if the value of this will go down if DC ever shows Batman's 'erect' member. Thoughts?

Up up and away! :)

Oh, that was Superman wasn't it.

21 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Hey, are we throwing out definitions, here...?

Cool! 

According to whom...?

Who decides what has "no collectability (sic) or speculation value"...?

Who makes that determination?

I'll hang up and take my answer on the air.

What's your definition of pump and dump? It's pretty cut and dry. (definition - cut-and-dry: being or done according to a plan, set procedure, or formula)

Speculation value is when a book has the ability to increase in value due to art, content, demand, etc...
Is this where I claim you are harassing me?

Edited by ygogolak

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What's your definition of pump and dump? It's pretty cut and dry. (definition - cut-and-dry: being or done according to a plan, set procedure, or formula)

Speculation value is when a book has the ability to increase in value due to art, content, demand, etc...
Is this where I claim you are harassing me?

If I'm not talking about you personally, you're not being harassed. If you have the opportunity to, and do, respond, you're not being harassed. Challenging your ideas is not "harassment." 

You didn't answer my question, so I'll ask again: Who decides what has "no collectability (sic) or speculation value"...?

How is that determined? Who gets to determine that, and by what authority are they determining it?

Your "definition" of "speculation value" is a non-answer: it says something without saying anything. Who determines what "has the ability to increase in value due to art, content, demand, etc..."? How is such a determination made, and by what authority do you make it? Doesn't ANY comic book, by that definition, have "speculation value"? Why, or why not?

These are all straightforward questions; questions you, yourself, have asked of others in the past.

And the phrase is "cut-and-dried", for your edification.

21 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
  On 9/24/2018 at 4:59 AM, ygogolak said:

Pump and dump is when something is pumped up that has no collectability or speculation value. 

And just so we're clear, here's your original quote, which I believe is erroneous, because it doesn't include the "dump" portion of the phrase.

I'm pretty sure the definition of "pump and dump" has nothing to do with an individual opinion about a particular book having "no" collectability (sic) or speculation value (since every comic has that potential), and everything to do with someone who discusses or highlights a particular item to raise interest in it (aka "The Pump"), with the undisclosed intention of selling that item in the near future to capitalize on the increased interest he/she created (aka "The Dump.")

"Collectability (sic) or speculation value" is thoroughly irrelevant to that definition. 

If that is your understanding of "pump and dump", then your other comments about it make more sense: your understanding is flawed.

I could be wrong. I welcome dissenting opinion on the matter.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

And so the next tedious argument respectful exchange of views begins. Doesn't it make you (sic).

And we're off.

You complain about an awful lot on this board, and you have since the beginning of your time here. One would think, if one found so much to complain about, that there are other places that might make you happier...? 

Why is it, when you have the tools to control what you do and do not see, and moderation to report to if you feel someone is violating terms, do you feel the need to complain so much, and make this board a less pleasant place to be, for everyone...?

Makes no sense.

Do you have anything to contribute to the substance of the discussion, or are you just going to complain about that which is entirely in your control?

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And we're off.

You complain about an awful lot on this board, and you have since the beginning of your time here. One would think, if one found so much to complain about, that there are other places that might make you happier...? 

Why is it, when you have the tools to control what you do and do not see, and moderation to report to if you feel someone is violating terms, do you feel the need to complain so much, and make this board a less pleasant place to be, for everyone...?

Makes no sense.

Do you have anything to contribute to the substance of the discussion, or are you just going to complain about that which is entirely in your control?

Please find someone else to interact with. There are hundreds of other posters on this board to choose from.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Please find someone else to interact with. There are hundreds of other posters on this board to choose from.

Thank you.

I would be happy to do so, and, indeed, have done so with you for many months.

However...if you refuse to ignore me, and insist on creating drama on the boards, what choice do I have but to address it?

You're clearly unhappy here. For your mental health's sake, isn't there a place that is more suited to your needs and desires? Maybe you could start your own forum? 

I worry about you, Dog Like Sparky.

:*(