Batman DAMNED #1

126 posts in this topic

264 posts
42 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

And there it is. 

49538E63-69AC-4419-97C7-CE45DD033196.jpeg

There it is..what ?  You realize that is a mock up. Ton of sellers preselling graded copies

165 posts
3 hours ago, KIL0Graham said:

If you submit for cgc grading, do you select comic or magazine for this one?

magazine i believe, it wont fit in standard case

165 posts
4 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

And there it is. 

49538E63-69AC-4419-97C7-CE45DD033196.jpeg

lol i pre ordered a 9.8 on monday for 55+ shipping. seller emailed me today and said he sent them to cgc and order stands. 

10,702 posts
8 minutes ago, williamblood said:

lol i pre ordered a 9.8 on monday for 55+ shipping. seller emailed me today and said he sent them to cgc and order stands. 

If he goes through with it , that’s how it should be done.  Good for him. 

165 posts

cover A is selling for 75 and B for 60, and buy it nows are starting to dry up, 180 yesterday, 98 right now

11,000 posts

Reorders are still to arrive for Batman and th'Robin #1. Will either be last batch of 1st printings or 2nd printings.

478 posts
5 hours ago, williamblood said:

cover A is selling for 75 and B for 60, and buy it nows are starting to dry up, 180 yesterday, 98 right now

It's interesting, B was selling for slightly more up til now. I also wondering if there are close to an even number of both out there. The one comic shop I went to this week had equally as many A as B. I do, honestly, think the A cover is better, but I for some reason decided to get B just because of it being Jim Lee.

5 posts

Why CGC this when the valuable panel is INSIDE the book!?!

I think the variant will move up after the 2nd printing.

Anyone think this could be a long hold?  Or is the pic just a fascination?

5 posts
1 hour ago, BishopT said:

It's interesting, B was selling for slightly more up til now. I also wondering if there are close to an even number of both out there. The one comic shop I went to this week had equally as many A as B. I do, honestly, think the A cover is better, but I for some reason decided to get B just because of it being Jim Lee.

I've seen A selling consistently for about $10 more than B.

4,777 posts
3 hours ago, Gregort said:

I've seen A selling consistently for about $10 more than B.

And for good reason. It's a much nicer cover. The Lee cover is just anther typical Jim Lee Batman cover. Nothing new or noteworthy. A Jim Lee fan I know told me he thinks it's a recycled Batman image with a new background.

1,354 posts
6 hours ago, Gregort said:

Why CGC this when the valuable panel is INSIDE the book!?!

I think the variant will move up after the 2nd printing.

Anyone think this could be a long hold?  Or is the pic just a fascination?

koolaid2.jpg

264 posts
3 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

And for good reason. It's a much nicer cover. The Lee cover is just anther typical Jim Lee Batman cover. Nothing new or noteworthy. A Jim Lee fan I know told me he thinks it's a recycled Batman image with a new background.

When there's a cover choice, I avoid the cover where the artist also does the interiors.

1,354 posts

There is a level of insanity, (of which I will not be participating), when the hype over the appearance of a characters 'schlong', causes some sort collectible fervor.   

10,760 posts
24 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

There is a level of insanity, (of which I will not be participating), when the hype over the appearance of a characters 'schlong', causes some sort collectible fervor.   

Silly isn't it. I'll stick to my D ick Tracy comics. 

65 posts
6 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

I disagree. I feel this is an important event, and am looking forward to this issue being knocked down a peg with first appearance of Batman's 'erect' johnson

Edited by Oat Willy1

1,354 posts
12 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

I disagree. I feel this is an important event, and am looking forward to this issue being knocked down a peg with first appearance of Batman's 'erect' johnson

New Villain:  Impotent Willy