• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFTOW?

8 posts in this topic

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP is asking how/why comics can be graded CGC 9.8 even if they don't have white pages.  As for whether or not its a blemish of significance, that's really up to the person who owns or is trying to buy the comic.

The short answer is that they evaluate the page quality (in terms of 'natural' coloring) independent of the grade to a certain extent.  I'm not sure if one can have cream colored pages and still get a 9.8, but my guess is technically yes.

3 minutes ago, BrotherNature said:

Thank you revat. :)

Sometimes in thsese auctions the book is 9.8 but it doesn't say white pages.  OWTOW.  I like the book, but just curious if I should hold out for white pages.  Thanks agian..

it really just depends on how bad you want the book, how rare the book is in grade, and how much you personally like white pages.  White pages will generally cost more, as a rule.  But everyone is different.  Good luck.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:00 PM, revat said:

The short answer is that they evaluate the page quality (in terms of 'natural' coloring) independent of the grade to a certain extent.  I'm not sure if one can have cream colored pages and still get a 9.8, but my guess is technically yes.

Interesting question on can a 9.8 have CR/OW pages. Though I've seen examples of this, they were old labeled or graded early on. I thought someone had a graph and there were like only 10 or so in existence, 9.8 with CR/OW that is. Years ago, before grader's notes, you could call and actually talk to the graders about the grade of a book. I learned a lot from those phone calls and I was once told the 'guidleines' called for at least OW in 9.8 .