• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS pressed modern has "light fingerprints back cover"

21 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, LikeEmScanned said:

So just curious whether anyone else has had this happen with CCS pressing or is there some way to get fingerprints on a book that can't be pressed out?

weird.jpg

Pressing will not remove fingerprints. 

Your grammar makes it difficult to know exactly what you are asking. 

8 minutes ago, newshane said:

Pressing will not remove fingerprints. 

Your grammar makes it difficult to know exactly what you are asking. 

Me had book pressed by CCS.

You know that pressing does not remove fingerprints.  Now me know that too.  I did not know that 35 minutes ago.

CCS webpage say " Dry cleaning a comic to remove soiling and any unwanted substance is also considered a non-restorative process, and is included in the CCS pressing service when necessary. " https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/ <---- This be a link

Now me think that fingerprints are not soiling or an unwanted substance.

Me sorry for grammar.  Not native English speaker.  MAGA people no like me. 

Hello!

23 minutes ago, LikeEmScanned said:

You know that pressing does not remove fingerprints.  Now me know that too.  I did not know that 35 minutes ago.

CCS webpage say " Dry cleaning a comic to remove soiling and any unwanted substance is also considered a non-restorative process, and is included in the CCS pressing service when necessary. " https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/ <---- This be a link

Hello!

wut

Fingerprints have oil in them, transferred from your skin.  Normal dry cleaning is simply light rubbing with an erasure product. The fingerprints need to be dabbed out and even then it may not work. Ever get a tiny drop of salad oil on your shirt ? Not easy to get out. 

12 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I believe he's insinuating that the employee at CSS had greasy fingers and left the fingerprint on the cover when pressing his book.

Not that hard to understand and something that could easily occur depending on the lack of care by a careless employee.

Better than a sneeze !

13 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I believe he's insinuating that the employee at CSS had greasy fingers and left the fingerprint on the cover when pressing his book.

Not that hard to understand and something that could easily occur depending on the lack of care by a careless employee.

A common fear I have myself...

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:
13 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Better than a sneeze !

That too.

:eek:

1 hour ago, LikeEmScanned said:

Hello!

Oh I see, a wise arse. 

Good luck to you. 

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

They also could have been there before they were subbed

1 minute ago, CKinTO said:

I have to think that CCS (and CGC when grading) as standard operating procedure wear gloves while working on and grading books... no?

Of course they do. But it's simple enough to blame them instead of taking responsibility. 

40 minutes ago, newshane said:
42 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

I have to think that CCS (and CGC when grading) as standard operating procedure wear gloves while working on and grading books... no?

Of course they do. But it's simple enough to blame them instead of taking responsibility. 

I won't be happy until they install a sneeze guard in the grading room.

If I was Flee, I could make up a neat-o gif, but I'm not Flee. Nobody's Flee except Flee.

1 hour ago, CKinTO said:

Highly doubtful on a modern book.  Quality control isn't always the best in a high volume production line business model.  Could the OP have missed the fingerprint prior to submitting... of course but his approach to the thread makes me think he's probably very anal about his submissions with the use of high sarcasm. 

3 hours ago, newshane said:

I do not blame them.  I asked because I was genuinely curious. I did not know the answer or have any opinion prior to asking.

thankfully I now know it is definitely my fault.  No need for further replies or opinions.  Newshane cleared it up.  In fact, now I recall putting that fingerprint on the book myself and submitting it.

Edited by LikeEmScanned
Newshane love

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

Highly doubtful on a modern book.  Quality control isn't always the best in a high volume production line business model.  Could the OP have missed the fingerprint prior to submitting... of course but his approach to the thread makes me think he's probably very anal about his submissions with the use of high sarcasm. 

Yes.  CGC research has shown that people that are anal about their submissions are correlated with a high use of sarcasm.  They keep metrics on that.

doh!

No wonder these boards have the reputation they do.  Just a bunch of folks looking to disagree and show who’s the smartest.  Can’t even ask a simple question without criticism or assumptions being thrown around.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, LikeEmScanned said:

So just curious whether anyone else has had this happen with CCS pressing or is there some way to get fingerprints on a book that can't be pressed out?

weird.jpg

Lucky you got a 9.4 for light finger prints! I had a recent submission on a (seemingly) sure fire 9.8 modern book that got knocked down to a 9.0 for "light fingerprints on cover". They were very faint on a black portion of the cover that were probably missed by myself in my pre-screen but I was still surprised by the grade hit.