• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

feebay selling gripes
1 1

63 posts in this topic

just had to share this. i listed an expensive book on feebay recently with a silly high buy it now price on it. don't really want to sell it but figured if someone paid crazy money then fine. i've seen it happen. so, someone 'bought' it yesterday. i send him the invoice and he writes back "i didnt buy this book dude." and then "i must have clicked buy it now by mistake." 

so, then two different members alert me that this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed is on a FB comic group bragging that he does this all the time, just to be a piece of @(#*$. he also brags that he has ten feebay user profiles and does this with all of them. 

i'm on hold with feebay india now and they MAY take some action against the guy. i can't leave feedback for him cus SELLERS CANT LEAVE FEEDBACK. how wonderful. of course we can't. this way all buyers look just great. anything to make their crappy site look better these days. remember when an ebay feedback score meant something?

so many things are wrong here i don't even know where to start. just need to vent a bit. i'm sure those of you who've been selling for years are well aware of this. but i don't sell much and remember when both buyers and sellers left feedback, as it should obviously be.

btw this jerk's ebay user id is jackpack109. please add to your blocked list. hopefully the account will be terminated but we'll see. 

his actual name is trevor pender and he is in brooklyn. his FB name in comics groups is duran dominguez. if anyone knows him please take a dump on his shoes. 

Leaving feedback for buyers never accomplished anything but a sense of vengeance...justified or not (mostly not)...from sellers. You've never been able to leave feedback for buyers on Amazon, and rightly so: it doesn't mean anything, and accomplishes more harm than good.

That said, yes, this tool absolutely ought to be outed and exposed. 

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Please PM me his name on Facebook.  

his actual name is trevor pender and he is in brooklyn. his FB name in comics groups is duran dominguez. if anyone knows him please take a dump on his shoes

7 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
39 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

his actual name is trevor pender and he is in brooklyn. his FB name in comics groups is duran dominguez. if anyone knows him please take a dump on his shoes

Image result for dog pooping photo

13 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Well he used to be, but is no longer, a member of https://www.facebook.com/groups/comicbookcollectingbuyselltrade/?ref=group_header

Where is he posting his comic book nonsense?

Edited by Buzzetta

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Well he used to be, but is no longer, a member of https://www.facebook.com/groups/comicbookcollectingbuyselltrade/?ref=group_header

Where is he posting his comic book nonsense?

i dont know what fb group he posted it on, but i saw some of his comments in screen shots. if i learn more i will share it. 

when a 'buyer' does not pay, a seller should of course be able to leave negative feedback. it used to be this way and i never had a negative feedback as either buyer or seller in all the days of using ebay before they changed the system. 

37 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i dont know what fb group he posted it on, but i saw some of his comments in screen shots. if i learn more i will share it. 

when a 'buyer' does not pay, a seller should of course be able to leave negative feedback. it used to be this way and i never had a negative feedback as either buyer or seller in all the days of using ebay before they changed the system. 

You can file an unpaid item "thing" on them.  A few of those and ebay generally kicks them off.

Malvin

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Wow.

3 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

...no. Leaving negative feedback for buyers was one of the most shortsighted, ill-conceived ideas that eBay ever had. It stifled honesty, because sellers were relentlessly leaving negative feedback in revenge. Buyers decided, instead of ruining their own accounts with retaliatory feedback, to simply not leave feedback at all, and bad sellers...with which eBay was, and is, infested...got off scott free.

As well, leaving negative feedback for buyers was pointless, because very few sellers checked buyer feedback, and of those that did, you cannot check feedback for bidders who snipe. 

There are ways to avoid buyers who don't pay, including setting your listings to reject buyers who have unpaid "cases" (or whatever they're calling them now these days) against them within a certain period of time.

My monthly ebay bill seems higher than it should be. I've just always taken them at their word. I look at the billing, but can't find an itemized breakdown of what they are charging me on each item. Does this exist or am I expected to do the math on my own? Thanks for your time. I'll hang up now and listen for the answer.

Don’t sell on eBay. My problem with them is too long of a story. They screw you as a seller . Stay away if you can. I refuse to sell anything on there and use other venues now if I do sell. I don’t even buy on there anymore because I don’t want Ebay to have any of my money. If you’ve ever gotten to a point of speaking to several fake managers and then maybe a real one at some point you know what I’m talking about. Mycomicshop is my new place to buy and sell. 

9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Wow.

What a jerk... and seriously I would like to see the screen caps because I cannot believe someone would be so stupid as to write that publicly.  Why would ANYONE want to deal with this guy whether it be on Facebook Comic groups or anywhere else?

Edited by Buzzetta

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There are ways to avoid buyers who don't pay, including setting your listings to reject buyers who have unpaid "cases" (or whatever they're calling them now these days) against them within a certain period of time.

In this case, can the OP open a  case? If so, he should.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:50 AM, 787Sweet said:
On 9/21/2018 at 6:23 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

..no. Leaving negative feedback for buyers was one of the most shortsighted, ill-conceived ideas that eBay ever had. It stifled honesty, because sellers were relentlessly leaving negative feedback in revenge. Buyers decided, instead of ruining their own accounts with retaliatory feedback, to simply not leave feedback at all, and bad sellers...with which eBay was, and is, infested...got off scott free.

As well, leaving negative feedback for buyers was pointless, because very few sellers checked buyer feedback, and of those that did, you cannot check feedback for bidders who snipe. 

Trust him, he knows from experience. In the late 90s he was such a PITA buyer that he received negs from multiple dealers. He was very happy when they changed their FB policy.

Oh, hey, it's "Stu" again. Fancy that. 

(Warning! Long, ranty post, spoilered for your protection!) :D

Spoiler

Did I receive negs? Absolutely, and I bear them with pride. After all...rampant overgrading and nondisclosure of restoration is the very reason why CGC and this board exist. Back in those days, there was no eBay customer service. There was no Paypal customer service. There was no way to contact anyone at either company, other than via e-mail, and how easy is it to ignore e-mail? There was no "filing a claim." There was no "Buyer Protection." People could leave negative feedback...and did...for anyone, at any time, for any reason at all, and feedback was not tied to a transaction. Oh, man, the FB wars of the late 90s. :eyeroll:

You were quite literally on your own. And, if someone took your money, you had zero recourse to get it back. None. And, before Paypal, you couldn't pay with a credit card, unless the individual seller took them. eBay and Paypal were taken to court and ruled against, on more than one occasion, because they actively shielded themselves from taking any responsibility for the transactions on their website.

No, the eBay that people enjoy now is the result of others standing up then and saying "no, we're not going to tolerate this." The "eBay Money Back Guarantee" exists because of people in the bad old days. I've got experiences that would curl people's toes. Sent a guy in Texas a money order in 1999 for $180 for Primer #2, Grendel #1-3...never got anything. Bought a "Cerebus #1" for $250 in 2002 or so. It was a counterfeit, worth about $20-$30 at the time (that guy fought me on it, too.) Bought a Batman #11 for $656, graded VG/F, in 2005 or so...the book came with pages so brittle, every single page was "broken" off of every other page, each wrap was completely split. I bought a "complete Valiant collection" in late 1999, including everything they'd published up to that point, all golds and variants, except Unity #0 Red. I never got anything except the post Unity books and I think Magnus #1-16. No golds, no other pre-Unitys, nothing that made that set valuable. Bought a set of 10 ASM in the 100s, including #121 and #122, for $100+ in the early 00s...all ten arrived with severe cat urine damage, the entire bottom 1/3rd or so of each book soaked in it. No mention of that in the description. I bought a set of Bronze age books, described as "VG+", that had all been in a house fire, with subsequent water damage as well. The books had been burned into the pages.

I once bought a Batman #47 from the late Harry Thomas, Bob Overstreet's good friend. It was described as having "slight color touch", which I thought was perfect for me. When it arrived, the entire cover had been (very professionally!) painted extensively with acrylic paint, what would be graded as "Extensive Professional" restoration. It was a magnificent restoration job, but it wasn't even REMOTELY "slight color touch"...meaning it was worth substantially less than I paid. Obviously, I told Harry it wasn't acceptable, and instead of saying "sorry you're not happy, how can I fix it?" he fought me on it.

I bought a book from Richie Muchin, a Tec #265, that was described as "cover still attached." That usually means at the staples, right? The book that arrived had a cover that was completely split, front cover from back, and taped back together and to the book. That's not, by anyone's definition, "still attached." And you should see the e-mails that Richie sent. They're doozies. Even those who lavish praise on him grudgingly admit that he has sold restored books without disclosure, because he doesn't have a problem with restoration. 

And that's just a few off the top of my head.

The first neg I ever got was from a "davidallanhrushka1973." Back in the olden days, e-mail addresses on eBay were open to sellers, Everyone who bid on your item, you could see their full e-mail address. So, this guy decides he's going to spam the hell out of everyone who bids on his items (but didn't meet the reserve) telling them how foolish they were for not paying his prices, that they were sure fire bets. Real "War & Peace" length e-mails. So, after several of these, I tell him to knock it off.

The result? He negs me. My first neg, just weeks after I registered on eBay.

I, being the foolish, young, naive idealist that I was, thought to myself "surely, this isn't just. Surely, eBay won't let this stand." I wrote to the "customer service" e-mail, thinking "they'll remove it for sure."

...that negative is still there, to this day.

Here's the negative feedback he got, and the ones he left:

https://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=davidallanhrushka1973&Dirn=Received+by

https://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=davidallanhrushka1973&Dirn=Left+by

As you can see, I'm not the only one he did that to.

On the other hand, in almost 20 years of selling on eBay, I have a grand total of two negatives, and six neutrals. And that's selling thousands of items.

You cannot get away with anything like that today. But does "Stu" mention that? Of course not. Doesn't fit his narrative, you see. He's in the business of character assassination. You disagree with him, you're evil. You stand up to him, and you become a target. Just ask Steve Borock.

Was I "very happy" when they changed their FB policy? They changed it in 2008...that's 8-9 years after "the late 90s." By that time, I'd long since given up buying on eBay in anywhere near the volume I did in the early years. Was I glad about the various changes that eBay was forced to take by the marketplace over the years. Of course. 

And, as always, consider the source: this is "Stu" we're talking about here; the guy who's such a "PITA" that he's been banned a dozen years+ from this board, but who keeps slinking back to post, who hates CGC with a fiery passion, and who thinks many of you are scumbags and fools because you dare to buy and/or sell and/or collect variants and Signature Series books. (GASP!)

But, happy to provide context. 

:cloud9:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

5 hours ago, 787Sweet said:

Trust him, he knows from experience. In the late 90s he was such a PITA buyer that he received negs from multiple dealers. He was very happy when they changed their FB policy.

By the by...here's "Stu's" feedback left:

https://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=stupidman!&Dirn=Left+by

See this one?

Neutral feedback rating nice book BUT CHARGES $4 FOR $1.33 SHIP.SAID NO REFUND.JUST SO U KNOW- NOT COOL! Seller: 
Member id-ws (Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999) 

No longer a registered user
More than a year ago

• Reply by -ws (Mar-16-02 18:20):
    S/H is *always clearly stated* in listing, and ~Stupidman~ ('ahem..) knew terms.
    • Follow-up by !***u (Mar-17-02 16:07):
      MADE EXTRA $2.50 PER SALE x 3200 FBs= $8000 YOU'VE SCAMMED! WAKE UP PEOPLE! SCAM

SUPER classy! I did that once...complained about a $4 ship charge on a $1.58 actual postage cost. It was tacky, chintzy, and cheap. I shouldn't have done it. I was wrong. I learned my lesson.

Did "Stu"? 

Well, let's see:

Neutral feedback rating Horrible packaging sent 3000 miles, AND charged $5 ship, sent for $1.60. Blech. Seller: 

More than a year ago

Guess not. :(

And that feedback was left sometime after 2012. 

Hypocrisy much...?

:facepalm: