• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chromium Variants

29 posts in this topic

Hola!

So, there are a lot of chromium books out there, since the very first all-chromium book, X-O Manowar #0 came out in 1993. 

And we loved it.

But, along with the chromiums came the variants...mostly either the "gold" kind, or the "rainbow holofoil kind."

I'm compiling a list of chromium variants, but I might be missing a few. Anyone who can help with chromium variants, give a shout!

This is JUST A LIST OF THE CHROMIUM ***VARIANTS***, not all the chromium books themselves. There were several chromiums (Gen 13 #1 Puzzle, Danger Girl #1 Chromium A-Go-Go, etc) that were, themselves, variants, and several chromium books that had no variants (like Generation X #1.) And these are JUST CHROMIUMS...the plastic stuff...not the cardboard stuff, like Ash #1 DF Holofoil.

So, without further ado:

Bloodshot #0 Gold 

Ninjak #1 Gold - rainbow holochrome interior

X-O Manowar #0 Gold 

Psi-Lords #1 Gold

Shadowman #0 Gold

Avengelyne #1 - rainbow holochrome interior

Avengelyne/Glory #1 Holochromium - rainbow holochrome interior

Glory/Avengelyne #1 Holochromium - Rainbow holochrome interior

Lady Death Between Heaven & Hell #1 Holochromium - rainbow holochrome interior

Death of Vampirella #1 Holochromium (exists? Rainbow holochrome interior?)

Vampirella/Shi #1 Holochromium - Rainbow holochrome interior

Vampirella/Shi #1 Holoplaid - plaid rainbow holochrome interior

Vampirella vs. NYX Holochromium - Rainbow holochrome interior

Vampirella vs NYX Holoplaid - plaid rainbow holochrome interior

Darkness #11 Holochromium - Rainbow holochrome interior

Darkness #11 Holoplaid - plaid rainbow holochrome interior

Prophet #1 Holochromium - Rainbow holochrome interior (exists?)

X-Men Alpha Gold - Rainbow holochrome interior

X-Men Omega Gold - Rainbow holochrome interior

Did I miss any?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus
No such thing as "homochrome" ;)

17 minutes ago, Brother J said:

The awesome Vampi #12 Holo FX cover by Stephen Platt. Really, it's a variant of a variant, as the variant Platt cover also has a non chromium version.

I THINK that was a cardboard cover. I'm pretty sure of it. You are it is a pure chromium?

hm

11 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Spider-man Maximum Clonage Alpha Gold

Spider-man Maximum Clonage Omega Gold

There isn't a Spiderman Maximum Clonage Omega Gold, and the Alpha Gold is an ACETATE (like the Wizard ACE editions), not a CHROMIUM cover.

Thanks, though! :)

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There isn't a Spiderman Maximum Clonage Omega Gold, and the Alpha Gold is an ACETATE (like the Wizard ACE editions), not a CHROMIUM cover.

Thanks, though! :)

What about the Collectible Classics that American Entertainment distributed? Not sure if they'e variants since they were reprints. Pricey reprints.

1 hour ago, GLCBrad said:

There is an Invincible #100 Chromium Variant

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

Walking Dead #100

Yes, but not variants of those chromiums. I'm only looking for books where the chromium was the regular book (like X-Men Alpha, or Bloodshot #0) that also had a chromium VARIANT...OR, where the chromium was a variant, like Darkness #11, or Vampirella/Shi Queen's Gambit #1, and there was a VARIANT of that chromium.

Not looking for chromium variants of REGULAR books. Looking for variants OF chromiums themselves.

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

What about the Collectible Classics that American Entertainment distributed? Not sure if they'e variants since they were reprints. Pricey reprints.

They're chromiums, but there is no variant of those chromiums. 

Superman 82, is half chromium (back cover is paper).  Edit, sorry reading closer I don't think this is one you're looking for.  These had a chrom 'direct', and a paper 'regular'.

Edited by kenaran
mis-read

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I cam across one today at a garage sale. I should have taken a picture. I thought it was an Eternity title and it had at least 2 #1 covers, one being chromium. Can't find it online though.

Was it a variant of a regular chromium book? It was probably Zen #0? In either case, if the chromium was "the variant", then it doesn't fit the criteria I'm looking for.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

On 10/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Was it a variant of a regular chromium book? It was probably Zen #0? In either case, if the chromium was "the variant", then it doesn't fit the criteria I'm looking for.

No, it wasn't Zen. I'm pretty sure it was An Eternity comic, but maybe it wasn't because I can't find it. Not sure if it was the variant, but it probably was.