• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chromium Variants

29 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2018 at 12:10 PM, PeterPark said:

So you only want cases where there is a regular chromium version and another chromium variant but not regular issues that incorporate a chromium variant of some kind?

Yes, as noted here in the original post:

On 9/21/2018 at 5:12 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is JUST A LIST OF THE CHROMIUM ***VARIANTS***, not all the chromium books themselves.

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:
On 10/22/2018 at 12:10 PM, PeterPark said:

So you only want cases where there is a regular chromium version and another chromium variant but not regular issues that incorporate a chromium variant of some kind?

Yes, as noted here in the original post:

On 9/21/2018 at 5:12 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is JUST A LIST OF THE CHROMIUM ***VARIANTS***, not all the chromium books themselves.

UNLESS, of course, the chromium variant of a regular book ALSO has a variant - like Darkness #11, which has multiple "regular" editions, a chromium edition, and TWO variants...the holofoil and holoplaid...of the chromium edition.

Or, say, Vampirella Monthly #7, which has multiple variants, including a chromium AND a holofoil VARIANT of the chromium.

You keep capitalizing variant like the reprints aren't that. They are but there aren't any chromium variant variants, as you mean, as far as I've heard. So if there was an ASM 300 chromium variant newsstand upc variant you'd count it. While certainly there is a chromium variant there is no variant of the chromium variant.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

You keep capitalizing variant like the reprints aren't that.

Correct, because they're not the type of variants that I'm looking for, as spelled out in the first post.

They are but there aren't any chromium variant variants, as you mean

Incorrect. I'm not suggesting that ASM #300 and the other Marvel Collectible Classics (as they are properly known) aren't, themselves, variants. Of course they are. But I'm not talking about those books.

There are books...like the Valiant chromiums...which ONLY have chromiums as the regular issue, with a variant that is also chromium, and there is no non-chromium version of the book...so, no, not just "chromium variant variants", though those are certainly included. 

So if there was an ASM 300 chromium variant newsstand upc variant you'd count it.

I've never seen such a beast, but sure, if there was a variation of the ASM #300 chromium, I would include it.

While certainly there is a chromium variant there is no variant of the chromium variant.

Of course, as it relates specifically to that book. 

Depending upon how you view the $2.50 cover of Shadowman #0, which is non-chromium ("regular"?), then the $3.50 cover of Shadowman #0 may be a chromium variant, in addition to the Shadowman #0 Gold variant (no cover price) you've also listed.  The most common version of the book, though, is the $3.50 chromium, with the $2.50 non-chromium second, and the no-cover-price chromium gold third. hm

11 hours ago, valiantman said:

Depending upon how you view the $2.50 cover of Shadowman #0, which is non-chromium ("regular"?), then the $3.50 cover of Shadowman #0 may be a chromium variant, in addition to the Shadowman #0 Gold variant (no cover price) you've also listed.  The most common version of the book, though, is the $3.50 chromium, with the $2.50 non-chromium second, and the no-cover-price chromium gold third. hm

Yes, but I'm specifically looking for the variants of chromiums...not the "chromium variants" (of which there are hundreds) themselves.

So while Shadowman #0 chromium isn't applicable to THIS list, the gold version is...as listed in the first post.

11 hours ago, valiantman said:

... and what discussion of chromium variants would be complete without this monstrosity? :grin:

0086707001_1200.jpg

That and the pinkie.

I wonder if the Bloodshot movie will inspire people to look for more Bloodshot, unearthing some more of these?

15 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That and the pinkie.

I wonder if the Bloodshot movie will inspire people to look for more Bloodshot, unearthing some more of these?

The pink one (with gold letters on the cover) is still unique.  Not sure how that should be counted, since unique errors aren't exactly collectible beyond the one copy. hm