• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Financial Times - "Collecting Rare Graphic Novel Art" article
1 1

9 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, cheekyj2112 said:

The Financial Times recently contacted me for an interview regarding comic artwork and the BritComicsArt.com website and the article is now up. Including quotes from the illustrious Mr Killackey.

It doesn't really say anything new but I suppose it's another sign that the sums being spent in the hobby are garnering attention.

https://howtospendit.ft.com/art-philanthropy/204268-collecting-rare-graphic-novel-art

Cheers

Joseph

Will you sign my screen shot ? 

5 hours ago, cheekyj2112 said:

The Financial Times recently contacted me for an interview regarding comic artwork and the BritComicsArt.com website and the article is now up. Including quotes from the illustrious Mr Killackey.

It doesn't really say anything new but I suppose it's another sign that the sums being spent in the hobby are garnering attention.

https://howtospendit.ft.com/art-philanthropy/204268-collecting-rare-graphic-novel-art

Cheers

Joseph

Nice article.  It reminds me of the articles that were coming out around the time that Mickey Mantle rookie cards started to skyrocket and a hobby was starting to get more attention because of the money going into it.  

From the start seems like the same old thing, people looking down on comic books. The art he talks about is still comic books but substituting "graphic novels" makes it sound more important. The title of the article is "Collecting rare graphic novel art", seems like they consider "comic book" in the title beneath him?

Edited by Brian Peck

1 hour ago, Brian Peck said:

From the start seems like the same old thing, people looking down on comic books. The art he talks about is still comic books but substituting "graphic novels" makes it sound more important. The title of the article is "Collecting rare graphic novel art", seems like they consider "comic book" in the title beneath him?

Good point, Brian, I agree.  'Graphic Novel' sounds like an attempt on behalf of the writer to make plain old comic-booky stuff seem more respectable.  Just tell it like it is without all the phony BS.  2c