• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hawkman #4 (1st app of Zatanna)

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

What are your thoughts on this Hawkman #4?  It is a pretty clean copy, but it has a piece of scotch tape on the top front cover.  What grade do you think it would get as is?  Can a professional remove the tape without it damaging it too much or it being considered restoration? 

15271122-4461-46D3-BA3B-622C4893A706.jpeg

D1AEA363-641F-4DF1-B8D6-18824926D6A1.jpeg

5ACBD944-553A-4F64-8F25-4203320FD0E5.jpeg

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm at 5.0 with that crease, but the Tape, I've peeled tape off before and left nothing left, without it being marked on the label. Do what you feel confident to do!

Thanks! I think I’m going to send it to Hero Restoration to have the tape removed and for a press. 

Just now, Red Beard said:

Thanks! I think I’m going to send it to Hero Restoration to have the tape removed and for a press. 

as long as they don't "restore" it per se :foryou: and just remove the tape :eek: 

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

as long as they don't "restore" it per se :foryou: and just remove the tape :eek: 

Yeah, I emailed Mike at HR and he said that tape removal is not considered restoration by CGC...he seems to be very well respected in the field.  I'd be thrilled if I can get at least a 5.0 out of it!