• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I seem to be losing interest again........
3 3

102 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

I can’t help but think that many of those books at the end of the ASM run - the run I abandoned after yet another reboot- will be available much cheaper if I simply wait out the bubble

Yep. For every 667 and 678 there's a hundred variants that bomb, sometimes within months. 

21 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I go through hot and cold periods. 

Sounds like you got a case of the menopause...,

My lull is with common comics...only buy keys that are slabbed now...I would love to get it down to a couple of short boxes of slabs and be done with it...anyone in DFW want to buy a collection of around 7 longboxes?...1/3 of which are bronze and copper UXM, ASM, keys included, and assorted silver...I’m not going to ship them...have thought about MCS, as it is local, seems like a hassle with this many...

Edited by JTD

On 9/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, oakman29 said:

I buy  very few books a year, but it's not from a lack of interest.  Adopting two boys has made collecting tough, but I figure I try to get the best quality book for my money instead of getting just anything. I try to keep more focused.

Merely put your kids to work mowing lawns and stuff! :flipbait:

11 minutes ago, JTD said:

My lull is with common comics...only buy keys that are slabbed now...I would love to get it down to a couple of short boxes of slabs and be done with it...anyone in DFW want to buy a collection of around 7 longboxes?...1/3 of which are bronze and copper UXM, ASM, keys included, and assorted silver...I’m not going to ship them...have thought about MCS, as it is local, seems like a hassle with this many...

I'd be tempted..... if ..... I.... had.... any.... money...... :sorry: 

Spoiler

how much $$ we talking lol 

I'm not sure I've lost interest, but I'm close to completing several of my runs - or the books/mags I'm missing are so extremely rare that I'm more or less out of buying options. 

Feels like I'm a lonely spider in the web, the time between great meals just keeps increasing... :p

Maybe it's a good thing with more time for saving up for bigger and better things - unless prices increase with the same speed I'm saving up  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, JTD said:

My lull is with common comics...only buy keys that are slabbed now...I would love to get it down to a couple of short boxes of slabs and be done with it.

That was my master plan 30 years ago. Getting tired of specs squinting at all my raw semi-keys and keys looking for pressable defects that assume I did not already have the comic pressed once. The more I sell, the more I restock. Cannot stop myself. Compulsive. Tired of $1 comics selling too. :kidaround:

As far as new books are concerned, I'm out.  The writing, variants and cover prices have reached the breaking point for me.

Only focusing on golden age books that interest me.  The prices are high, so I don't but more than one of every couple of months.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd be tempted..... if ..... I.... had.... any.... money...... :sorry: 

Reveal hidden contents

how much $$ we talking lol 

I would trade it all for the right high grade Bronze key/keys...9.2 to 9.4...I’m not to picky...doesn’t have to be cash...

(thumbsu

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I'm training them early. My 5 year old pulls weeds, and my 8 year old picks up dog poop.

Thats what I'm talking about.  Batman #1 in no time.

BUTM,just saying comics haven't been bringing much joy and the apathy is growing.

They've always been a source of happiness,now even music just is sort of meh

I'll get over it.

Edited by porcupine48

8 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'm unsure how the video expresses that. 

It was my way of voicing the profound despair that haunts the human condition,the aimless anxiety of the weight of my choices in a life that seems meaningless without what once brought me joy,and my inability to drown out those sorrows any longer in a nihilistic fashion sang about in the song.

I guess I do care that I don't care as much anymore.

Basically it was a carp post,but thanks for getting me talking about my feelings.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:11 AM, Get Marwood & I Are Not Dead said:

I never tire of comics. Its one of the few things in life, along with music, that makes me feel truly content. Pottering away with them, filing, collecting, researching. All the usual things we love - the smell, look, touch, a longing for the simple days of our youth. I can't afford the books I would like to buy anymore, and, like many I suspect, I would like to skip back 20 or 30 years and be alive again then so I could really live out my love for the medium. Not because the stuff would be cheaper, but because it would be available! Some days I long to go out and visit the comic shop I have in my mind and root around in it. But it doesn't exist anymore. 

The golden age of comics has gone for me. I still enjoy staying in the hobby by collecting things that most don't care about. If you'd have told me 20 years ago I'd be searching for pence copies of Gold Key Tom and Jerry's I'd have laughed at you. But it keeps me in the comic world and keeps me content. But I do sometimes get tired of it all, and a break tends to reinvigorate my interest. To give you an example, it's a beautiful sunny day here today and I've just realised I've been at the computer most of the day researching. I enjoyed it of course, but a part of me is saying "go out.....live..."

Know what I mean?

I know what you mean. I "handle" my comics all the time. I still buy like a drunken sailor though. Mostly weird, lower grade GA. I would love to step up but just can't find that cool obscure GA I want at any price it seems. I never tire of comics or music...

I love being outside. Working in the yard, walking the dogs, walking the flea markets, riding my motorcycle or sitting on the patio with a cold one and my guitar. Yeah, get outside and LIVE!