• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I seem to be losing interest again........
3 3

102 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

It was my way of voicing the profound despair that haunts the human condition,the aimless anxiety of the weight of my choices in a life that seems meaningless without what once brought me joy,and my inability to drown out those sorrows any longer in a nihilistic fashion sang about in the song.

I guess I do care that I don't care as much anymore.

Basically it was a carp post,but thanks for getting me talking about my feelings.

No offense Jimmers, but no wonder you are depressed. Dang, that music wants to make me slit my wrists. Ever thought of switching it up a bit? I prefer music that makes me feel good, that I don't have to think so much about. Let it go bro!

b83352918e975a6cdf14b734748a2efd.jpg

i seem to be losing interest also ... a lot of it has to do with the fact that there has not been anything listed on eBay in the last year or so that i was interested in purchasing and the few i bid on went for way higher than i expected , also i check Comic Link still daily and they have not had anything good in their exchange this whole year :sorry:

On 9/23/2018 at 9:52 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I haven’t bought an original copy of a comic book since December 2015. I’m not really willing to involve myself with the current speculator frenzy and the effect it’s had on prices.  I don’t miss the predatory aspect of the hobby at all.

I’ve found I’ve enjoyed reading comics more than I have in years by focusing on the digital format instead. Much less effort, stress, and cost.

That's how I feel now. I buy at least one digital trade paperback a week. They are just such a good bang for the buck, plus I just read them for the stories now and don't have to worry about variant covers or grade. Every week there is a big sale of Digital Comics on Amazon and Comixology.

So yeah it is much more fun for me to just read. 

12 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

That's how I feel now. I buy at least one digital trade paperback a week. They are just such a good bang for the buck, plus I just read them for the stories now and don't have to worry about variant covers or grade. Every week there is a big sale of Digital Comics on Amazon and Comixology.

So yeah it is much more fun for me to just read. 

When I got my iPad, it REALLY turned me into a comic reader again. 99 cent sales, freebies, 50% off trades, so many awesome options, and reading on the iPad is such a joy. I think I'll always be a comic reader, I just don't need to own so many of the darn things.

15 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

BUTM,just saying comics haven't been bringing much joy and the apathy is growing.

They've always been a source of happiness,now even music just is sort of meh

I'll get over it.

I get it, especially with the music. Part of it may just be that I'm "getting old", but honestly, the music just isn't as good, right? It's not just me, right? Please?

The only music I buy much anymore are soundtracks on vinyl, but that really ties into my movie collecting more than music collecting. Just love those multi-colored vinyl releases. But even that seems like a chore at times.

50 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I get it, especially with the music. Part of it may just be that I'm "getting old", but honestly, the music just isn't as good, right? It's not just me, right? Please?

The only music I buy much anymore are soundtracks on vinyl, but that really ties into my movie collecting more than music collecting. Just love those multi-colored vinyl releases. But even that seems like a chore at times.

I just recently turned 63, retired and moved in with my Son and Daughter In Law to help with expenses and be with my Grandchildren.

I moved out of an apartment I resided in for 32 years, 80% of my material possessions got tossed in the dumpster during the move.

It seems, at least for me, the older I get the less I care about or need material possessions, basically all that came with me other than Cloths and Toiletries was my Desk, Computer, TV, Xbox, Comic Books and Collectibles.

I think back about things I used to "obsess" about like Bowling, Bracket Racing, Video Games (NCAA Football, Major League Baseball), Model Trains, Comic Books and think to myself..."Really???".

I still play MLB 2K7 after the Grandkids go to bed and I still enjoy talking about comics but they are not obsessions like they used to be.

It seems to be a natural occurrence to lose interest in material things as you age.  :preach:

9 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I'm still buying.  There's always something cool that catches my eye.  Just picked up the third eye Silver Surfer poster from ebay.  Dang it's pretty.

Post a photo of it with you licking it! :banana: 

Edited by lizards2
the poster

12 hours ago, the blob said:

It happens. Life gets in the way of hobbies. I am not even irritated I am missing nycc this year. Have gone every year except the first when it was freezing.

OK, now I'm kind of wishing I could go to NYCC for a day this year and be more selective than usual.  But having gone for free for like the last 11 or so years I can't bring myself to pay for a badge.

Edited by the blob

On 9/25/2018 at 1:55 PM, JTD said:

My lull is with common comics...only buy keys that are slabbed now...I would love to get it down to a couple of short boxes of slabs and be done with it...anyone in DFW want to buy a collection of around 7 longboxes?...1/3 of which are bronze and copper UXM, ASM, keys included, and assorted silver...I’m not going to ship them...have thought about MCS, as it is local, seems like a hassle with this many...

Is DFW a term?  Dallas / Fort Worth is probably what it means but never heard DFW used before.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

OK, now I'm kind of wishing I could go to NYCC for a day this year and be more selective than usual.  But having gone for free for like the last 11 or so years I can't bring myself to pay for a badge.

Merely walk in briskly with an irritated look on your face-works every time.

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

It's funny, my 13 year old is borderline obsessed with 80s music, which I suspect isn't the "good old days" music you are thinking of.