• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I seem to be losing interest again........
3 3

102 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I was talking about actual playing cards. Like Bicycle, Bee, Tally-Ho, etc. I also play MtG, though. That's always different because of competitive play. Legacy, Standard, Extended, Modern, etc. Card prices fluctuate because of ban lists and combos. It's a lot different from playing cards and comic books. I've bought cards like Griselbrand for $40/ea when he was Standard Legal. Lost money on that. But, I also bought Ancestral Visions for $5/ea in 2010 and made a killing on those.

MtG cards also get reprinted all the time outside of A/B/U and the Reserved List. Comic books sometimes get reprints for supply/demand. Playing cards rarely ever get reprinted outside of standard decks like Rider Backs. The ones that only have runs of < 1000 never get reprinted.

These limited buying-reselling b-holes are killing hobbies with their BS. It's supposed to be fun and not stressful. These losers charging hobbyists an arm and a leg are deflating interest. Guess what, b-holes? If you keep it up there won't be anyone left to buy your overpriced . And you won't enjoy keeping it since you only bought it for $$$$$. As is often said here, if you buy a book that you like, and not as an investment, then at least you own something you want if you can't sell it.

rantrant

so true its all about the money now and people cant even get into hobbies now do to either gatekeeping or cost of people buying out full stocks

15 hours ago, Spyder! said:

This. Love comics. Love the boards. But college for your kids ain’t cheap.

Have them learn a trade!  get paid to learn, and plumbers, electricians, glaziers etc make like 100K a year!  vs kid with degree in history working at starbux with debt up the yin yang!!