• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First submission experience.
1 1

34 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, alewario said:

Let's clue this up. I was looking for accountability. Not in a monetary sense, but in a gesture of any sort, which in this case took the form of a phone call from Brittany and some sincere words.

CGC provided that, and to be fair, I think Bob just showed a bit of that in the above post, so kudos to both.

I love comics.

For one reason or another, I haven't been able to pursue this hobby for a while now.

I can now, and I hope to continue this journey with all of you.

So thanks to CGC and everybody on this thread, for this memorable introduction to grading and its baggage.

Despite the BS, I'm glad to be here, and hope to contribute/help at some point.

After all, this is still supposed to be fun right?

Welcome to the boards.  There's always some BS around here but the good outweighs the bad.

It's good to see that your situation resolved itself satisfactorily.  Any company that provides a service is bound to have occurrences that don't go perfectly smoothly.  The good companies are those that admit their errors and make them right.  Sounds like this is what CGC has done with you and, I have to say, what they have done with me in the past.

I have made one submission.  It was easy to do as I was provided a downloadable submission form off of the web site that

I could fill out here at my leisure.  I would like to do that again.  Can't find it, they just want me to fill something out online.

What did I miss?

Going to submit my first group of books to CGC. Was wondering... Should I send them all in one box or break them up according to the processing tier?

You'll be paying more in shipping to CGC if you're doing that.  How about arranging them in1 package with grouping them by tier level and entering them on the form in that order.

Coming back from CGC to you, I believe they'll ship according to tier level as they'll get done at different times

On 4/4/2019 at 1:35 PM, csaag said:

You'll be paying more in shipping to CGC if you're doing that.  How about arranging them in1 package with grouping them by tier level and entering them on the form in that order.

Coming back from CGC to you, I believe they'll ship according to tier level as they'll get done at different times

Thank you!

I am new to CGC and I just submitted my first comic last week.  I shipped it overnight on Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday.  Here it is almost a week later and I have yet to see any updates... 

What experience do people have with timeframe of when their comics were delivered to when they were actually entered in the system?

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, MallFish said:

I am new to CGC and I just submitted my first comic last week.  I shipped it overnight on Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday.  Here it is almost a week later and I have yet to see any updates... 

What experience do people have with timeframe of when their comics were delivered to when they were actually entered in the system? 

Every experience is different depending on when you send.  I've had some books arrive and get added to the system 3 business days after USPS tracking shows delivered, and most recently I had to wait 8 business days.  I've read that during comic-con season, some folks have waited weeks for submissions to show in the system.  With about 5 business days on your current submission, I'd say you're still good for a few more.

Many folks on these boards will tell you, and I agree...it's all about patience.  And if that fails, the customer service when calling is tops!

DJ

1 hour ago, Donald Jack said:

Every experience is different depending on when you send.  I've had some books arrive and get added to the system 3 business days after USPS tracking shows delivered, and most recently I had to wait 8 business days.  I've read that during comic-con season, some folks have waited weeks for submissions to show in the system.  With about 5 business days on your current submission, I'd say you're still good for a few more.

Many folks on these boards will tell you, and I agree...it's all about patience.  And if that fails, the customer service when calling is tops!

DJ

I totally agree with your comments. If you submit to CGC, you have to develop patience. 

On 9/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, alewario said:

After all, this is still supposed to be fun right?

Absolutely. I'm sorry things didn't go as they should have---I'm happy to hear CGC made it right. And I hope to cross paths with you again... :)

On 9/27/2018 at 3:09 AM, Keys_Collector said:

He did his complaining to the company AND decided to post here. So its not like he complained for nothing and didnt reach out to CGC first multiple times before posting. Him being green gives him every reason to complain since the first impression can be a lasting one for customers. It seems like these forums are a place for people to argue with one another instead of listening to each others perspective on our experiences and hobby that we all share. Sad really, long time lurker here who recently started posting more but notice this more and more around here.  The main reason why I never decided to be active on the boards in the first place was because of said argumentative and elitist attitudes devaluing each others perspectives and experiences instead of supporting each other in our hobbies and 

Please be more active as a board member. I found you to be a great contributor to the boards. However I dont agree on your stance of elitist board members. The boards are what you make it.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:50 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

To be honest, I rarely let a problem go without complaining. The only difference here is I do my complaining directly to the company. I don't go on the internet to give bad reviews. Your original post was something like 34 sentences, that's a lot of complaining for a CC that didn't go through.

I’m confused why you are reading and replying to his thread in the first place when you aren’t answering any of his questions and ultimately just got on to act like he’s doing something wrong for posting his experiences with the submission.  As a new member, I found his post to be extremely helpful, whereas yours was another reminder of how so much of the world just wants to cause problems with others.  Absolutely nothing positive came from your contribution to the post and it’s a shame this guy had to deal with it.  I guess that’s just how some people want to live their lives though as they get some satisfaction from trying to make others feel bad.

I just sent in my first submission. I collected heavily in the 80's to mid 90's. I sent in copies of New Mutants #87 and 98, Amazing Spiderman 252, and Marvel Super Special #1 (the legendary KISS comic). I remembering paying $1.05 for NM #98 when it came out and never took it out of the bag. Everything look liked it was in great condition. Now the wait game is on.