• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books that rock
4 4

1,961 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2019 at 6:24 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Image result for money comic book cover

Best song from one of the best albums of the 70's

a challenge for those who dare !

after i posted this song the other day ... a song i have love for nearly 45 years .. it made me remember that for all these years i really had no idea what in the heck they were saying in their final verse starting at the 1:40 mark ... so i made a conscious effort to listen to ,.. and figure out what they were saying ,, and take a few days to do it before i went and looked up the lyrics (which i had never done before)

well i tried my best and failed miserably but in all honesty i consider it almost impossible for anyone to decipher what he is saying in the final two lines starting at 1:47 

also i never knew what the song was about until i looked up the lyrics

Spoiler

I find my own fun, 
Sometimes for free 
I got to pay it to come lookin' for me 
Walkin' on Gucci
Wearin' Yves Saint Laurent 
Barely stay on 'cause I'm so God damn gaunt

Edited by 1950's war comics

there is also a word at the 1:26 mark that i could never decipher in the song and after i looked up the word NO WONDER i couldn't make it out as 

i have never even heard of the word before

it goes - I GOT THE _________  AND TOOK IT HOME TO BED

Spoiler

I got the Nouveauree

Edited by 1950's war comics

35 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

a challenge for those who dare !

after i posted this song the other day ... a song i have love for nearly 45 years .. it made me remember that for all these years i really had no idea what in the heck they were saying in their final verse starting at the 1:40 mark ... so i made a conscious effort to listen to ,.. and figure out what they were saying ,, and take a few days to do it before i went and looked up the lyrics (which i had never done before)

well i tried my best and failed miserably but in all honesty i consider it almost impossible for anyone to decipher what he is saying in the final two lines starting at 1:47 

also i never knew what the song was about until i looked up the lyrics

Reveal hidden contents

I find my own fun, 
Sometimes for free 
I got to pay it to come lookin' for me 
Walkin' on Gucci
Wearin' Yves Saint Laurent 
Barely stay on 'cause I'm so God damn gaunt

With the help of the hidden contents I can now hear the word gucci.  (thumbsu