• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books that rock
4 4

1,961 posts in this topic

Bought this book and was reading it in the car while my mother did some shopping:

Demetrius Sherman's review of Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man ...

While I was reading it, this came on the radio, and every time I heard it I thought about this comic.

No real tie between them, just one of those things. :roflmao:

On 7/5/2020 at 7:46 AM, ttfitz said:

Bought this book and was reading it in the car while my mother did some shopping:

Demetrius Sherman's review of Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man ...

While I was reading it, this came on the radio, and every time I heard it I thought about this comic.

No real tie between them, just one of those things. :roflmao:

Just being an happy memory is the best link you can have(thumbsu

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Joe Cocker - Mad Dogs & Englishmen - Space Captain

s-l1600.jpg

Cool you should share a song by Joe C. I was listening to his version of "A little Help from my Friends", and ran across this in Wiki when reading up on him.

In 1968, Cocker found commercial success with a rearrangement of "With a Little Help from My Friends," another Beatles cover, which, many years later, was used as the opening theme for The Wonder Years. The recording features lead guitar from Jimmy Page, drumming by B. J. Wilson, backing vocals from Sue and Sunny, and Tommy Eyre on organ. The single remained in the top ten of the UK Singles Chart for thirteen weeks before eventually reaching number one, on 9 November 1968. It also reached number 68 on the US charts. Upon hearing about Cocker's death in 2014, Paul McCartney said the following about Cocker's version of the Beatles 1967 song:

He was a lovely northern lad who I loved a lot and, like many people, I loved his singing. I was especially pleased when he decided to cover "With a Little Help from My Friends" and I remember him and (producer) Denny Cordell coming round to the studio in Savile Row (central London) and playing me what they'd recorded and it was just mind-blowing, totally turned the song into a soul anthem and I was forever grateful to him for doing that.