• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books that rock
4 4

1,961 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kav said:

Bip Bop Paul McCartney and Wings.  Was listening to that song while reading this comic I just boughted:

Green_Lantern_Vol_2_87.jpg

Yup.

Is the rule here to post a thematically-related comic / music track pairing, or, an ordinarily-unrelated comic and music track connected by an experience and memory?

Edited by Ken Aldred

8 minutes ago, kav said:

maybe I misunderstood.  Ok blinded me with science:

Actually, no.  I thought the other option, which you used originally, was perhaps just as interesting.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Actually, no.  I thought the other option, which you used originally, was perhaps just as interesting.

I get bonus points-same year, same month.

1962, so too early for The Clash, but this song seems appropriate for our Valerie's plight*...

5aaccb3d757ce_JustMarried28CoverpencilsbyJoeSinnottinksbyVinceColletta.jpg.c4040963faa1fda4ec8e77a35fcd2249.thumb.jpg.47732b87336e277b45992b57e63793fc.jpg

*That's Valerie Kruger on the cover by the way :x

17 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.

Is the rule here to post a thematically-related comic / music track pairing, or, an ordinarily-unrelated comic and music track connected by an experience and memory?

More of the former, but it's ok to have a tenuous link between the comic and the song. That will be the case for this pair, since I don't have any John Wayne comic books, which might have been a better fit.

Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler 1961

scan0005.jpg