• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 409 Superhombre: rare but is it worth any thing?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, keithl said:

I have a copy of Superman 409 Super Hombre. There isn't very many copies. So its rare , but does it have much value? 

as always, it might depend largely on condition.  And with foreign comics, it also depends a lot on luck.  There are probably some foreign 'comic' threads in comic general (and possibly in the silver subforum) where you can get more info on foreign comics.

also, 'much value' is pretty relative.  I'm guessing you could get somewhere between $2 and $200 depending on condition and luck.  If its a key (hard for us to tell the numbering if its different) and you get it graded CGC 9.8 and find the right buyer at the right time, you might get more.

I'm not sure how effective it is, but you could try to look stuff up on ebay to try to compare to sold or offered prices, not sure how much info there is.

Edited by revat

2 minutes ago, revat said:

as always, it might depend largely on condition.  And with foreign comics, it also depends a lot on luck.  There are probably some foreign 'comic' threads in comic general (and possibly in the silver subforum) where you can get more info on foreign comics.

also, 'much value' is pretty relative.  I'm guessing you could get somewhere between $2 and $200 depending on condition and luck.  If its a key (hard for us to tell the numbering if its different) and you get it graded CGC 9.8 and find the right buyer at the right time, you might get more.

here is the book.

superman 409 front.jpg

Just now, keithl said:

here is the book.

superman 409 front.jpg

oh yah that one? yah its worth a lot.

15 hours ago, keithl said:

nice, does any one want to have a guess what it might be worth today?

these really depend entirely on luck of who's looking and when.  $250-$500 is my guess.  I don't see any reason or data that would make it jump or slide significantly.  But you put it in the right auction you might get a bidding war taking it higher (but the auction house cut might be pretty big then too). 

But really, you take the best data you can find (and sometimes there isn't any), and make your best possible guess.  There's not a ton of recent data, so the range could be VERY wide, and VERY dependent on factors that aren't easily analyzed, and for the people who CAN ANALYZE APPROPRIATELY, those skills and results have actual monetary value and often have relatively little incentive to share, absent some other motive or bias.

GPA (google it) is a paid subscription service for which sold prices are tracked for slabs from some (but not all websites/auction houses).  Additionally, one can look at ebay sales, or at the histories of all the various auction houses for completed sales and in some cases other online comic selling sites.  If one has friendly or professional relationships with other comic business people, one might also go to them for sales histories or insights.  Of course how one analyzes any of that data (if they can find any) is entirely up to their own experience and knowledge.

Edited by revat