• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Comic badly encased purchased from ebay seller
3 3

55 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Yes I waited too much. I'm a very busy parent :)

That's understandable, but for 3K I would have found the time. That's a lot of diapers!

5 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

However I'm initiationg the process now.

Is there a deadline that needs to be met to initiate a return? I'm not too familiar with the process. I'd choose "arrived damaged" if it were me.

7 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

So you're saying I should have left the comic as is to help my case?

I would have. I know you took photos of the book shifted in the slab and the damage before, but as for any damage that doesn't show up in the photos, the seller could claim you caused it by moving the book back.

I do not like the fact that you tapped the book into place. As you said, the damage is still there. You should have left it alone, sent it back to the seller as shown. You keep stalling and basically asking the same questions. I don't know what else to say or tell you and I don't understand your procrastination about this. Send it back ! (shrug) 

How long ago was this purchase made? I'm not seeing the completed sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ms+marvel+1+cgc+9.8&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=23111-6531&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

Tapping it back into place was probably not the best move as it could have caused further damage to the book. I would not be happy with that if I were the seller.

6 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Yes I waited too much. I'm a very busy parent :)

However I'm initiationg the process now.

So you're saying I should have left the comic as is to help my case?

How this slab hasn't been recalled is beyond me. I refuse to accept this is a consumer problem - responsibility lands squarely on the company for allowing this inferior product to damage people's personal property.

This slab shouldn't have been used, period. Yours isn't the only one, and coincidentally, a person posted a day after you did on Facebook with a badly damaged SS ASM 122 thanks to comic wreckers.

comic-wreckers.jpg

Edited by comicwiz

So I filled a claim with Paypal and the seller was not happy and threatened to contact his lawyer.

Should I have asked the seller for a refund without filling a claim first ? Was I too harsh by going directly to Paypal ?

Edited by migmtl76

11 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

So I filled a claim with Paypal and the seller was not happy and threatened to contact his lawyer.

Should I have asked the seller for a refund without filling a claim first ? Was I too harsh by going directly to Paypal ?

I thought you had already corresponded with the seller and he agreed to the return? Why is he upset now?

4 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Why did you do a PayPal claim instead of going through eBay like he said you could? You were already on the page and in the process it seemed.

Unless you are thinking eBay & PayPal are the same thing as far as returns (they're not).

Seems like you thought you could just solve the problem by tapping it back into place, then once again feel unsatisfied after you looked it over. That was a bad idea IMO, he's going to claim you damaged it. :(

14 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Based on your previous posts the seller agreed to a return back in September. If I put myself in the sellers shoes at this point I might think you're trying to pull a fast one.

You came here for advice which for the most part was to return the book to the seller. The seller agreed to the return on or near Sept 25th.

You didn't follow through with the Ebay return and still have the book. Now you've filed a Paypal claim. The seller might be thinking you're trying to somehow keep the book and get your money back.

I don't think anyone here believes you're doing that and I don't know if it would even be possible. But the seller has got to be pretty frustrated since he has as much to lose here as you.

I agree that this really is the fault of CGC and the bad case. If the seller wanted to take the issue of the defective slab to CGC, I would think sooner than later would be better.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:54 AM, migmtl76 said:

I just purchased a Ms. Marvel 1 with a 9.8 CGC.

When the parcel arrived today I was really shocked to see the comic badly centered in the plastic container (see 2 photos on white surface).

The packaging was real good so I don't think the comic could move (should it even be able to move?).

I spent over 3 000 $US on the book so I'd like to know the course of action I should take.

I haven't contacted the ebayer yet since I just got the book.

He had 2 copies on sale, and unfortunately I contacted him after I lost the auction and he said he had another copie for sale.

I got to see the photos (see photos scans bellow) of the copy I bought but they didn't seem as off centered.

Furthermore, the top left corner seems a little damaged is that ok for a 9.8 ?

Lastly the top right corner seems to be coming out of the inner plastic enveloppe.

Guys, I spent a small fortune here, what do you think of this?

Has the seller tampered with the case? Any way of knowing ?

Can a comic move inside?

Does the copic look like a 9.8 to you?

How do I check the registry ?

Thanks

I didn't see the bolded part originally. Did you do this transaction through E-Bay or did you and the seller make the deal without it being listed on ebay? If the copy you bought was not listed on ebay you wouldn't be able to file a return through them.

So guys, I just got a confirmation from Paypal.

It's a happy end to this ordeal.

Here is the email I just received from Paypal

Thanks to all for your replies !!!

Your PayPal claim is resolved - case number PP-

Dear ...,

When you reported a problem with this transaction, we put your scheduled
payment to ... on hold so we could investigate your
case. We've finished our investigation, and have decided the case in your
favor. 

We've canceled the scheduled payment for your purchase from .... We'll send you a separate email with the details.

For more information about your case,  log in to your PayPal account and
click the Resolution Center tab.

Sincerely,
PayPal

On 10/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I do not like the fact that you tapped the book into place. As you said, the damage is still there. You should have left it alone, sent it back to the seller as shown. You keep stalling and basically asking the same questions. I don't know what else to say or tell you and I don't understand your procrastination about this. Send it back ! (shrug) 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, BriD. said:

Based on your previous posts the seller agreed to a return back in September. If I put myself in the sellers shoes at this point I might think you're trying to pull a fast one.

You came here for advice which for the most part was to return the book to the seller. The seller agreed to the return on or near Sept 25th.

You didn't follow through with the Ebay return and still have the book. Now you've filed a Paypal claim. The seller might be thinking you're trying to somehow keep the book and get your money back.

I don't think anyone here believes you're doing that and I don't know if it would even be possible. But the seller has got to be pretty frustrated since he has as much to lose here as you.

I agree that this really is the fault of CGC and the bad case. If the seller wanted to take the issue of the defective slab to CGC, I would think sooner than later would be better.

I am disappointed at reading the updates. Buyer totally screwed up. I feel bad for the seller.