• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dradake0110 More Jack Kirby autographs than anyone I know

104 posts in this topic

what a joke.  Yes if you're gonna get stan and jack to sign something, make sure its a low grade low value book!  weird all his signed books are low grade low value like this!  WHAT A WEIRD COINCIDENCE!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantasy-masterpieces-4-Marvel-1966-SIGNED-BY-JACK-KIRBY-AND-STAN-LEE/132791846972?hash=item1eeb02c83c:g:DjQAAOSwvRtbpx9h

2 minutes ago, kav said:

what a joke.  Yes if you're gonna get stan and jack to sign something, make sure its a low grade low value book!  weird all his signed books are low grade low value like this!  WHAT A WEIRD COINCIDENCE!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantasy-masterpieces-4-Marvel-1966-SIGNED-BY-JACK-KIRBY-AND-STAN-LEE/132791846972?hash=item1eeb02c83c:g:DjQAAOSwvRtbpx9h

Shake, baby, Shake! Come on over. Whole Lotta' shakin' goin' on (my kitchen table).

All you gotta' do, honey, is sign "Jack Kirby" in pencil (so they can't date the ink) in that little old sweet spot = :flipbait:

Edited by James J Johnson

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Look at the 'k' in "Jack". I would have ejected coffee through my nostrils if I had been drinking coffee when I saw it!

And by some incredible chance, Jack Kirby, who although was consistent in some ways, never signed his 'k' in Jack exactly the same way twice (as far as what I've seen, and I've seen a lot).

I have hundreds of Lee exemplars in my files. I've seen thousands of Lee signatures. As bad as this is in every way, the L is absurd. Stan Lee never wrote a stand alone lower case 'L' in Lee (note the gap between the 'L' and the first 'e' . Ever. Not at age 35, and not at age 95. There are other unique features here as well that identify this as a no way for Lee, but the L in Lee, everyone should be able to easily note.

Lee5.jpg

5 minutes ago, kav said:

-getting started on my low grade Ditko sigs now-

I still need a Ditko for my collection. Keep me posted, Kav.  (worship) 

On second thought, I shouldn't have to wait for you. Once fully emboldened, until his buyers start submitting his forgeries for authentication, this seller will probably start offering a plethora of Ditkos real soon!

Just now, James J Johnson said:

I still need a Ditko for my collection. Keep me posted, Kav.  (worship) 

On second thought, I shouldn't have to wait for you. Once fully emboldened, until his buyers start submitting his forgeries for authentication, this seller will probably start offering a plethora of Ditkos real soon!

Ok just tell me the book you want and give me a couple weeks to 'find' it and I'm sure I have it!!!

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Ok just tell me the book you want and give me a couple weeks to 'find' it and I'm sure I have it!!!

Has to be an early Amazing Spider-man. I'll leave it up to you, and if you spend a little more for a higher grade copy, so be it. Tack on the extra cost, I don't mind! :cloud9: 

And since I'll treasure it always and it's destined to be part of my collection, never for resale, a "To my good friend, 3J or Triple-J, Bless you, always, your pal, Steve Ditko" would be a welcome touch!

Cover signature, please, Kav!

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Has to be an early Amazing Spider-man. I'll leave it up to you, and if you spend a little more for a higher grade copy, so be it. Tack on the extra cost, I don't mind! :cloud9:

If the book you receive looks like a book recently sold on ebay, pay no attention to that-a lot of books look the same!!

Just now, James J Johnson said:

I know. It's either an optical illusion or a figment of my imagination.

a lot of creases and spine tix can look exactly the same cause of the way people handle books!

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Hobbyists tend to crimp their books in the same places. We're good. Understood!

also if there's a piece missing in the exact same place-what I like to do is pull pieces off books in the same way as books that just sold on ebay!  Because.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

a lot of creases and spine tix can look exactly the same cause of the way people handle books!

Seriously though, I really don't make an concerted effort to look for these. I'm using general ebay searches, like Silver age Superhero, the books that close tonight, all listings, and then I see an item on the results page, "Jack Kirby autograph", and I look at it. Usually, unless witnessed by CGC, the majority of the ebay autographed market that I see in this manner is manure.

I can imagine what I'd find if I did run searches of specific, notably difficult comic hobby signatures on ebay.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Seriously though, I really don't make an concerted effort to look for these. I'm using general ebay searches, like Silver age Superhero, the books that close tonight, all listings, and then I see an item on the results page, "Jack Kirby autograph", and I look at it. Usually, unless witnessed by CGC, the majority of the ebay autographed market that I see in this manner is manure.

I can imagine what I'd find if I did run searches of specific, notably difficult comic hobby signatures on ebay.

You can find as many 'original' picasso, monet, whatever pieces you like on ebay for like $25.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

also if there's a piece missing in the exact same place-what I like to do is pull pieces off books in the same way as books that just sold on ebay!  Because.

Again, I'm aware of that. Experienced collectors tend to pull the same size piece off of the same corner! The amateur collectors choose which corner to tear off randomly. lol