• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite Curt Swan covers-please.
2 2

174 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2018 at 11:05 PM, Krydel4 said:

I always felt this was a send off to Swan as much as it was to the Silver/Bronze Age Superman.Action_Comics_583.jpg.6c7bedf1cd797a41102ae45efe3aa8e2.jpg

I agree. I say the DC most of us loved basically ended around Crisis on Infinite Earths, while the Marvel we loved similarly ended around Secret Wars.

The irony of both Crisis and Secret Wars was they were suppose to be jumping on points, but history might now look at them as jumping off points.

:whatthe:

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Original c/a became the splash page...

world%2527s+finest+160+dc+comics+batman+superman+robin+curt+swan+1967+silver+age+original+comic+art.gif

one of my favorite stories.  superman and batman team up to nab a CIRCUS CARNY fortune teller.  Yeah theyre really hammering top criminals.  Then thats not enough-they set up elaborate entrapment scheme to further prosecute him!  

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

What I liked about the Curt Swan Superman was it was in it's own universe and we didn't have to go buy a bunch of crossovers.

I also likened Curt Swan as the Superman artist similar to how Carl Barks was the Ducks artist.

...and Sprang was golden age Batman’s.

Edited by JohnH19

Just now, Jaylam said:

Bingo!!! You win the "No Prize"!

great those things sell for like $80 on ebay!!  I'll PM my address!!