• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite Curt Swan covers-please.
2 2

174 posts in this topic

Just now, nocutename said:

I have a fondness for WF, too.

It saddens me that I didnt recognize this as a kid and would buy superman and action comics with my quarter.  Wayne boring, stan kaye-what a waste

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

RCO001.jpg

Yes numbnuts Lois will never suspect that Clark is suddenly BALD and looks like Lex Luthor.  Plus the fact that apparently you can fully change clothes in about 2 seconds.  Anyone can merely put on someone else's hat and glasses and no one can tell the difference.  I do this all the time.

Edited by kav

The More I look at this cover, the more I think that if Swan had been given the series, Batman would have entered the 60's looking a bit more up to date. Incidentally, this issue was the first Batman to hit the UK shores and receive a TAP stamp.

image.png.d718d0296e6c83f54cc6c14905522e1b.png

In addition here's a great War cover I found posted up in the Golden Age War threads .....

3e2807e2982452a0c55f972e442c4614.jpg

Edited by Gnasher

i would actually like to read that story about the kid striking out Superman ... and that cover shows you how popular Mickey Mantle was as he had been retired for a couple years when that comic came out ....

i wonder if @kav has read the story and if so how did the kid strike out Superman ??