• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday October 14

3 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, October 14, 2018
Hours: 10am to 4pm
Admission: $3
Location: Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029
Parking: Free on-site

Special Guests
- Darren Auck - Kubert school instructor

- Steve Myers - comic artist with work appearing at wwww.superchum.com and tapintothemainline.net

- Jacob Jones-Goldstein - internationally published writer of horror short fiction

- J. Patrick Conlon - published author and associate editor of pulp fiction

Comic and Collectibles
Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!  
 - Golden Age Comics
 - Silver Age Comics
 - Bronze Age Comics
 - Modern Comics and the Latest Issues
 - Original Artwork
 - Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers
 - DVDs
 - Japanese Manga
 - Toys and Action Figures
 - Statues and Busts
 - Non-Sportscards

Door Prizes
Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am!  Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win.  You must be present to win.

Directions
The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly the Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From Southbound I-95 - Take I-95 S to Exit 9A (Essington).  Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave).  Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the LEFT side.

From Northbound I-95 - Take I-95 N to Exit 8 (Ridley Park).  Stay to the RIGHT and merge onto S. Stewart Ave.  Turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the RIGHT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention  

For Information or Dealers' Tables
Phone: (856) 217-5737
Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com
Official Website:   www.philadelphiacomic-con.com  

Next Show
The next show will be on November 18.

Edited by RedFury
guests added

Great show. Sorry to say I can't make this one due to a family thing... so there will be more keys for everyone to nab, lol.

There was also another email from Derek that everyone should see (copied below)...

Just a reminder (even though many if not all of you know already) about our
Comic Con this Sunday October 14th.  Show hours 10 AM to 4 PM.

Clarion Hotel and conference center
76 Industrial Highway (Route 291)
• Essington, PA 19029

Looks like it is an Eagles bye week so no excuses this show!  Admission still holding
steady at only $3 per person.  Want to support the show then bring along a friend
or three.

Please no early birds.  Many of our vendors come from far and wide and need
every minute available to setup until the last minute when our doors open at 10.

If you are not an early riser then feel free to show up in the afternoon as still plenty
of good deals to be had.  Dig through all those boxes in the room.  I did some great
buying at my last show and didn't understand why those goodies were still to be found
(set of Venom Lethal Protector, Amazing Spider-Man 361 high grade copies which I had
slabbed onsite at the Baltimore Comicon and you can find them on my wall this weekend).
Special guest artists and creative talent include Darren Auck, Steve Myers, Jacob
Jones-Goldstein, J. Patrick Conlon and Hector Nazario rounding out the guest list.  Dealers from
far and wide with another sold out show jam packed with goodness (and FUN!)

On Facebook?  Then check out PhiladelphiaComicCon or ComicBookShows.