Can anyone tell me if this Peanuts artwork looks original
1 1

6 posts in this topic

1 post

Hi guys

I’m after some original peanuts artwork. I was looking at this as it appears genuine and it has a studio stamp on the reverse. But I’ve bought art before that has turned out to fake and so I’m now wary. Lucy seems to be drawn slightly smaller as though in perspective which seemed odd and I wasn’t quite sure about Charlie Browns quiff. What do people think? Thanks guys! Don’t want to blow my cash incessantly! 

5BCCBE91-52B7-4582-B866-34194125F691.png

92E4689D-C1E8-4F67-A6ED-BCEE2B9655AC.png

51 posts

Lots of red flags here.  As you noted, the difference in sizes of the characters.  The signature doesn't look right (and is it signed 'Charlie' rather than 'Charles'?).  The difference in line weight between the characters and the tree/grass is something I've never seen in a Schulz drawing before.  The line work looks amateurish.  I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

10,702 posts

I'd stay far away.  It doesn't even look like Charlie Brown.

219 posts

Oh, good grief! :) (to quote the boy himself!)

This looks all kinds of wrong. I would avoid it. I am looking to eventually get a Peanuts piece of my own someday as well, but for so many reasons I will only get a published piece that I can verify. Far too many fakes out there these days.