• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need SS facilitator for Peter Laird in MA 10/13 or 10/14

19 posts in this topic

Unless CGC was going anyways, you would be paying the facilitator for their time anyways. 

Typically CGC and facilitators hope to make a minimum amount of money or have a minimum amount of submissions for a given show.

So if you can't find anyone listed currently as going, you might want to tell people how much you're willing to pay for a facilitator to show up....

On 9/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, revat said:

Unless CGC was going anyways, you would be paying the facilitator for their time anyways. 

Typically CGC and facilitators hope to make a minimum amount of money or have a minimum amount of submissions for a given show.

So if you can't find anyone listed currently as going, you might want to tell people how much you're willing to pay for a facilitator to show up....

I'll pay whatever's reasonable for their time and effort. I know there will be others there that would want such a service for the elusive Peter Laird. I've already spoken with the convention heads about getting someone if they were willing.

That is not going to motivate anyone to do anything.  If you are serious, offer $50 a sig. I've done it before. It works as significant motivation.  Also remember that there may be serious caps on the number of books he is signing. He has done that MANY times in the past.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:20 PM, seanfingh said:

That is not going to motivate anyone to do anything.  If you are serious, offer $50 a sig. I've done it before. It works as significant motivation.  Also remember that there may be serious caps on the number of books he is signing. He has done that MANY times in the past.

Noted. $50 a signature it is. Any takers?

On 10/1/2018 at 10:16 PM, Wystan said:

Noted. $50 a signature it is. Any takers?

Good news for you

Just got an email....there will be a CGC facilitator there from Planet Awesome Collectibles

GL & Have Fun!

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

30 bucks for entry to a show that size is absurd.

I have been back and forth on going.....I think I am going to pass as I have everything I want already and would be going just to get more stuff that I don't really need.

1 hour ago, nriccijr said:

I have been back and forth on going.....I think I am going to pass as I have everything I want already and would be going just to get more stuff that I don't really need.

I had the exact same debate going on in my head all day. I feel like at this point I'd be chasing Laird just because he's there and not because I actually need anything. 

On 10/9/2018 at 7:57 PM, nriccijr said:

Good news for you

Just got an email....there will be a CGC facilitator there from Planet Awesome Collectibles

GL & Have Fun!

Thank you. I learned about that facilitator as well. Drove from DC and have all my books signed by Mr. Laird now. Worth it!!

Oh, and this pie he had laying around, as a joke

2018 10 13 - Peter Pie 2.jpg

2018 10 13 - Peter Pie 1 (1).jpg

13 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Awesome! I am happy it worked out for you! What books did you get done? Any sketches? Was he selling any art/sketches/cover proofs?

He had pre-drawn head sketches and would do head sketches on books, for a small fee. No charge for signatures, but you only get 3 and had to go back in line. I had original books 1-10, Raphael, #3 NYCC, a couple 2nd prints

1 hour ago, Wystan said:

He had pre-drawn head sketches and would do head sketches on books, for a small fee. No charge for signatures, but you only get 3 and had to go back in line. I had original books 1-10, Raphael, #3 NYCC, a couple 2nd prints

What was he charging for the head sketches done on your books?

Did he have a long line?

On 10/16/2018 at 9:08 AM, Mayor006 said:

Hmmm, slabbed apple pie.....I wonder what that's going to look like in about 6 weeks.... Congrats on your haul!

Yaaa. I wondered the same thing, so I ate the pie. Put the tin back in and glued it shut. Can't bring myself to throw it away. Too good of a story.