Need SS facilitator for Peter Laird in MA 10/13 or 10/14
2 2

19 posts in this topic

33 posts

Is anyone, or can anyone facilitate signatures at the Super Megafest in Framingham, MA – October 13-14, 2018?

Peter Laird is making a rare appearance. I'll even pay for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,591 posts

Unless CGC was going anyways, you would be paying the facilitator for their time anyways. 

Typically CGC and facilitators hope to make a minimum amount of money or have a minimum amount of submissions for a given show.

So if you can't find anyone listed currently as going, you might want to tell people how much you're willing to pay for a facilitator to show up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
On 9/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, revat said:

Unless CGC was going anyways, you would be paying the facilitator for their time anyways. 

Typically CGC and facilitators hope to make a minimum amount of money or have a minimum amount of submissions for a given show.

So if you can't find anyone listed currently as going, you might want to tell people how much you're willing to pay for a facilitator to show up....

I'll pay whatever's reasonable for their time and effort. I know there will be others there that would want such a service for the elusive Peter Laird. I've already spoken with the convention heads about getting someone if they were willing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,026 posts

That is not going to motivate anyone to do anything.  If you are serious, offer $50 a sig. I've done it before. It works as significant motivation.  Also remember that there may be serious caps on the number of books he is signing. He has done that MANY times in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
On 9/29/2018 at 12:20 PM, seanfingh said:

That is not going to motivate anyone to do anything.  If you are serious, offer $50 a sig. I've done it before. It works as significant motivation.  Also remember that there may be serious caps on the number of books he is signing. He has done that MANY times in the past.

Noted. $50 a signature it is. Any takers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685 posts
On 10/1/2018 at 10:16 PM, Wystan said:

Noted. $50 a signature it is. Any takers?

Good news for you

 

Just got an email....there will be a CGC facilitator there from Planet Awesome Collectibles

 

GL & Have Fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,424 posts

30 bucks for entry to a show that size is absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685 posts
3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

30 bucks for entry to a show that size is absurd.

I have been back and forth on going.....I think I am going to pass as I have everything I want already and would be going just to get more stuff that I don't really need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,424 posts
1 hour ago, nriccijr said:

I have been back and forth on going.....I think I am going to pass as I have everything I want already and would be going just to get more stuff that I don't really need.

I had the exact same debate going on in my head all day. I feel like at this point I'd be chasing Laird just because he's there and not because I actually need anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
On 10/9/2018 at 7:57 PM, nriccijr said:

Good news for you

 

Just got an email....there will be a CGC facilitator there from Planet Awesome Collectibles

 

GL & Have Fun!

Thank you. I learned about that facilitator as well. Drove from DC and have all my books signed by Mr. Laird now. Worth it!!

Oh, and this pie he had laying around, as a joke

2018 10 13 - Peter Pie 2.jpg

2018 10 13 - Peter Pie 1 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685 posts

Awesome! I am happy it worked out for you! What books did you get done? Any sketches? Was he selling any art/sketches/cover proofs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685 posts

Awesome! I am happy it worked out for you! What books did you get done? Any sketches? Was he selling any art/sketches/cover proofs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
13 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Awesome! I am happy it worked out for you! What books did you get done? Any sketches? Was he selling any art/sketches/cover proofs?

He had pre-drawn head sketches and would do head sketches on books, for a small fee. No charge for signatures, but you only get 3 and had to go back in line. I had original books 1-10, Raphael, #3 NYCC, a couple 2nd prints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,424 posts
1 hour ago, Wystan said:

He had pre-drawn head sketches and would do head sketches on books, for a small fee. No charge for signatures, but you only get 3 and had to go back in line. I had original books 1-10, Raphael, #3 NYCC, a couple 2nd prints

What was he charging for the head sketches done on your books?

Did he have a long line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
6 hours ago, Ryan. said:

What was he charging for the head sketches done on your books?

Did he have a long line?

$40 for sketch on the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,424 posts
9 hours ago, Wystan said:

$40 for sketch on the book.

Nice. Did you get any pics of the books? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,453 posts

Hmmm, slabbed apple pie.....I wonder what that's going to look like in about 6 weeks.... Congrats on your haul!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts
On 10/16/2018 at 9:08 AM, Mayor006 said:

Hmmm, slabbed apple pie.....I wonder what that's going to look like in about 6 weeks.... Congrats on your haul!

Yaaa. I wondered the same thing, so I ate the pie. Put the tin back in and glued it shut. Can't bring myself to throw it away. Too good of a story.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685 posts

I'm mildy upset I didnt go.....but I would have spent like a grand on sketches and CGC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2