• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Oct 18-20, 2019
3 3

149 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I'm going to pimp out our booth again. Stop by. I had a lengthy planning meeting Saturday - we will have more comic books than 90% of all comic stores in North America in our booth. Roughly 800 wall books, if that's your sort of thing. Books in the booth from 1934-yesterday. Plus you get to see me, which is always a problem. You might get a rare Mrs. Donut appearance, which adds zest and color to the booth.

Your booth takes up pretty much the entire middle of the Con so it's hard to miss you:baiting:

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I'm going to pimp out our booth again. Stop by. I had a lengthy planning meeting Saturday - we will have more comic books than 90% of all comic stores in North America in our booth. Roughly 800 wall books, if that's your sort of thing. Books in the booth from 1934-yesterday. Plus you get to see me, which is always a problem. You might get a rare Mrs. Donut appearance, which adds zest and color to the booth.

:cloud9: zest.

7 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

You should warn people. Its very shocking when they realize you don't actually look like Ron Jeremy. 

Less than two weeks to go people!

I'll be there Friday (for onsite submitting to CGC and a little walk around time)

and then I'll be back on Sunday with my daughter who LOVES this con to do more shopping and to pick up my books. 

I'll be on the look out for everyone!

7 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Amazing how this show has creeped up on me.  We get our turkey this weekend and then off to Bmore. :banana: 

I'm going to shadow you throughout the whole con. 

2 hours ago, wombat said:

If you are setting up at the show let us know your booth number. 

Yes, I would love to be able to put names (both board and actual) to faces. I will be there all weekend helping (and likely getting in the way of) Par2ch. :kidaround:

We'll be setting up at Baltimore for the first time! We're traveling all the way over from the Bay Area and Seattle. Super excited - this has been a favorite show for years as an attendee. Our booth #1309 will ONLY have graded books, nearly all of which are CGC. So please do stop by and introduce yourself - would love to meet more people from the boards. Here's a preview of some books we're bringing as well as our booth location. We'll be super easy to find, just right off the main aisle in a corner spot - look for the big Shortboxed banner pictured below. Looking forward to meeting some of you! My real name is Gene, btw :) 

There's a lot of pics, so if you reply to this post, please don't quote all the pics and flood the thread! 

PhotoGrid_1570396473943.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570396437930.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461021735.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461060177.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461098611.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461131302.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461160947.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461213045.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461265326.jpg

PhotoGrid_1570461305328.jpg

IMG_20190922_112623_030.jpg

2019 Floor Plan Available - 04-05-19 (1) (1).jpg

Edited by shortboxed

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

Its also helpful if you give your actual name. It can be a bit awkward to go up to a booth and ask for someone by board name. 

Added (I'm Gene). I actually have no problem being referred to by my online handle, and likewise I don't mind calling someone by theirs - most of the time it's all we've got to go by! :D  

Admittedly, I often forget people's "real" names and only know them by their online handles. Sign of the times, I guess.

Got this email today. 

Getting to the Baltimore Comic-Con: Baltimore Running Festival Saturday Information

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND - October 11, 2019 - The Baltimore Comic-Con will be held October 18-20, 2019 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. You can purchase tickets online now.
On Saturday morning, the Baltimore Running Festival will take place. This will create changes to the usual traffic and parking options in the city on Saturday. Please plan ahead.
We have been working with the City of Baltimore and the Baltimore Running Festival to come up with the information YOU need to get to and from the Baltimore Convention Center. We have the following recommendations:
  1. Take advantage of mass transit, especially if you are coming in from the north on Saturday morning. Baltimore's light rail system will not be affected by the marathon, and is a great way to get into the city. Plus, the Pratt Street (Convention Center) Light Rail stop is directly across the street from our halls! This is the best way to get in and out of the City on Saturday..
  2. In addition, the Metro SubwayLink from Owings Mills to Downtown Baltimore is an alternate mass-transit option. This operation will be unaffected by the marathon. Outside the City, the Metro may be boarded at the Owings Mills or the Old Cort Stations. Closest stations to the Baltimore Convention Center are Lexington Market and Metro Charles Center West. Please see maps at https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/metrosubway.
  3. Have a relaxing Saturday morning and stay in town Friday night with our partner hotel, the Lord Baltimore, which is offering a special rate Friday night to Maryland residents.
  4. If driving, pre-purchase a parking spot, and understand how to get there and when that garage will be available.

If you are driving into town, please keep the following in mind:

1. Coming from the south, the best route into the city is from I-95 to exit 53 (I-395). Exit 52 (Russell St) may have delays as the street is closed north of Ravens Stadium from 6am-10am.
  2. Pratt Street in front of the Baltimore Convention Center will be closed from approximately 7am to approximately 1pm.
  3. Pre-purchase your parking spot, and understand when you can get access to that parking spot. Working with our partner, Parking Panda, will help guarantee your spot is waiting for you.
  4. In general, parking west of the Baltimore Convention Center will be easier than parking to the east, based on where the race will be run in the city.
  5. Be aware of the marathon course and possible road closures. See https://transportation.baltimorecity.gov/BaltimoreMarathon2019Map for explicit detailed information.
  6. It is NOT recommended that you drive into the city from the north using route I-83. If you must, we recommend exits 6 (North Avenue, Mt. Royal Avenue) or 5 (Maryland Avenue). Road closures southwest of those exits should be over by 10:00am. If you use this route, stay west of Charles Street at all times, parking to the west of the Baltimore Convention Center.

We have included the map focusing on the area around the Baltimore Convention Center, as well as the full route and an estimate from the Baltimore Running Festival as to where people will be during the day.

EGmXgHMWkAUkuec.jpg

Edited by wombat

On 10/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, shortboxed said:

Added (I'm Gene). I actually have no problem being referred to by my online handle, and likewise I don't mind calling someone by theirs - most of the time it's all we've got to go by! :D  

Admittedly, I often forget people's "real" names and only know them by their online handles. Sign of the times, I guess.

agreed, anyone calls me miraclemet it's like a code word for "I know you from the boards" which works for me!