• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Oct 18-20, 2019
3 3

149 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, joeypost said:

This was a weird Baltimore show for me. Left with 150 books that were all $20 or less. Many were from a dealer selling $3 books that while being unbagged and boarded, were minty fresh. 

I also managed to hit up that same dealer and walked away with a shortbox of great books!

Okay show this time around, never bothered to really pour over the retailer list, and the one retailer I hit up every year and drop most of my cash didnt come this year, and I never checked it, so I left with around a grand more than I thought I would.  Otherwise, mostly overpriced, rehashed stuff this year it seemed, but for as good as this show is for just comic buying and selling, it is an end of the year show, so maybe that factor kicked in a little bit more this time around.  For you boardies with booths too busy bullsh1tting with other boardies talking about what some other boardies do or dont have at their booths, and you cant take two minutes to talk to me about a potential sale at your booth, hope the gossiping like a sewing circle was worth it, you missed out on cash.

2 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Okay show this time around, never bothered to really pour over the retailer list, and the one retailer I hit up every year and drop most of my cash didnt come this year, and I never checked it, so I left with around a grand more than I thought I would.  Otherwise, mostly overpriced, rehashed stuff this year it seemed, but for as good as this show is for just comic buying and selling, it is an end of the year show, so maybe that factor kicked in a little bit more this time around.  For you boardies with booths too busy bullsh1tting with other boardies talking about what some other boardies do or dont have at their booths, and you cant take two minutes to talk to me about a potential sale at your booth, hope the gossiping like a sewing circle was worth it, you missed out on cash.

If you weren't motivated enough to butt in and let them know you were ready to buy then maybe you didn't really want to give up your cash.

3 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Yeah, how dare you people cultivate relationships with other enthusiasts? :sumo: 

40 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

If you weren't motivated enough to butt in and let them know you were ready to buy then maybe you didn't really want to give up your cash.

For a couple of the books I bought, I would have choke slammed a nun to give somebody my money.

13 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Yeah, I don't get that. I always wait a few minutes and then politely butt in 2c