• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Oct 18-20, 2019
3 3

149 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Okay show this time around, never bothered to really pour over the retailer list, and the one retailer I hit up every year and drop most of my cash didnt come this year, and I never checked it, so I left with around a grand more than I thought I would.  Otherwise, mostly overpriced, rehashed stuff this year it seemed, but for as good as this show is for just comic buying and selling, it is an end of the year show, so maybe that factor kicked in a little bit more this time around.  For you boardies with booths too busy bullsh1tting with other boardies talking about what some other boardies do or dont have at their booths, and you cant take two minutes to talk to me about a potential sale at your booth, hope the gossiping like a sewing circle was worth it, you missed out on cash.

I'm sorry if this was me.  I love going to the big cons to talk to the people in person who I speak with online on a regular basis.  :sorry: half the fun of cons is the social aspect.

14 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

If you weren't motivated enough to butt in and let them know you were ready to buy then maybe you didn't really want to give up your cash.

Or maybe its not that at all, maybe I didnt care enough to stand around in terms of ultimately to whom I gave my cash to in terms of the book that I wanted. 

From the first year I went to this Con, I check to see what boardies have booths in this thread (or that particular year's thread) and go to see them first, and if it works out, try to throw my business their way.  Its worked out great in the past, and those interactions at the Con has lead to multiple purchases by me with these guys throughout the year.  I eventually bought the book I was interested in from another dealer, that was - get this - actually engaged in interacting with customers and potential customers and not too busy talking about other boardies on here.  Maybe save that stuff for your awesome crabcake dinner down at Phillips or whatever, who knows.

But maybe you are on to something there, I'll keep that in mind. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Or maybe its not that at all, maybe I didnt care enough to stand around in terms of ultimately to whom I gave my cash to in terms of the book that I wanted. 

From the first year I went to this Con, I check to see what boardies have booths in this thread (or that particular year's thread) and go to see them first, and if it works out, try to throw my business their way.  Its worked out great in the past, and those interactions at the Con has lead to multiple purchases by me with these guys throughout the year.  I eventually bought the book I was interested in from another dealer, that was - get this - actually engaged in interacting with customers and potential customers and not too busy talking about other boardies on here.  Maybe save that stuff for your awesome crabcake dinner down at Phillips or whatever, who knows.

But maybe you are on to something there, I'll keep that in mind. (thumbsu

I don't know your specific situation so I can't say one way or the other whether the dealer was wrong to have a conversation at his booth. All I am saying is if the item you wanted to purchase was important enough to you then you probably would have made your presence known. But since you were able to get it elsewhere AND were able to make a huge post about it here then win-win for all of us.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:37 PM, MrBedrock said:

I don't know your specific situation so I can't say one way or the other whether the dealer was wrong to have a conversation at his booth. All I am saying is if the item you wanted to purchase was important enough to you then you probably would have made your presence known. But since you were able to get it elsewhere AND were able to make a huge post about it here then win-win for all of us.

Richard a little salty today. Love it.

A few non comic notes. We made the drive in really early to avoid the marathon traffic. Got to Baltimore around 7am. No problems at all. We had breakfast at Blue Moon Cafe. I highly recommend it. Try the captain crunch french toast and the swee baby jesus eggs. Had dinner at Blackwall Hitch. It was a pleasant surprise. Very good food and reasonable prices. Stayed at the Pier 5 Hotel. Overall a very nice hotel in a great location for the inner harbor and not that bad for the con. Only downside was we got unlucky with our room. The room itself was very nicem, but it was directly next to the ball room where they had a wedding. The DJ might as well have been in our room. We ended up getting a free night stay out of it.