• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Oct 18-20, 2019
3 3

149 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Tickets purchased!  This will be my first time at the show.  I'll be there all day Friday for sure. (worship) 

You will not be disappointed. It is awesome. 

That weekend works out so I'll be attending Baltimore after taking last year off.  This will be my one big Con of the Year so I may even drive over Thursday and check out the fabulous load in day.  Fun fun!

i bet Garth Ennis will be extra busy with the success of The Boys.

34 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

That weekend works out so I'll be attending Baltimore after taking last year off.  This will be my one big Con of the Year so I may even drive over Thursday and check out the fabulous load in day.  Fun fun!

i bet Garth Ennis will be extra busy with the success of The Boys.

I can guarantee Garth will be heading to one of the local watering holes that serve Guiness. I hope to be joining him.

Just a FYI - I just got the Sheraton Inner Harbor for $135 a night including taxes for Thursday night and Friday night thru Hotwire (3 1/2 star).  It was showing at $250 a night via Orbitz for those two nights.  Very convenient to the Con since its right around the corner and I think they have covered walkways so you don't have to go outside.

21 hours ago, wombat said:

:taptaptap:

Try ropewalk, or if you dont mind driving or taking an uber, there's a rib place called corner stables maybe a 10 to 15 min drive from inner harbor, the best ribs and crab cakes I've ever had. Worth the drive getting there 100%.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:40 AM, wombat said:

Any restaurant recommendations? The last few years we've done Fogo or Philips. Nothing too fancy. 

What do you like? There's a shockingly good Afghani restaurant in Baltimore.

Thanks for the suggestions. Ideally I would like to be in walking distance of inner harbor. Nothing too crazy since a few of the people I will be with aren't that adventurous eating wise. How is the Rusty Scupper?

On 8/7/2019 at 8:40 AM, wombat said:

Any restaurant recommendations? The last few years we've done Fogo or Philips. Nothing too fancy. 

Worked in the area for 5 years and was extremely disappointed with all food options that were not upscale/expensive along the lines of Capital Grille.

However, this take-out Italian Deli is as good as any in the country:

http://www.trinacriabaltimore.com/

It is ~1 mile walk from conventional center through a rough neighborhood but you will never forget the sandwich you order.

12 hours ago, whomerjay said:

Worked in the area for 5 years and was extremely disappointed with all food options that were not upscale/expensive along the lines of Capital Grille.

However, this take-out Italian Deli is as good as any in the country:

http://www.trinacriabaltimore.com/

It is ~1 mile walk from conventional center through a rough neighborhood but you will never forget the sandwich you order.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking for a sit down dinner place though. 

Rusty Scupper is ok, kind of a tourist trap.  I'd recommend in harbor east (a 15 minute walk) where there's a ton more -- the inner harbor in general is really a land mine.  As you walk down Pratt St. There's a Capital Grille, Fogo, and some other higher end chains.  In Harbor East I'd recommend Tagliata (Italian really good), Charleston (if you want to splurge) or Azumi.