• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krigstein's 8-page "Master Race" OA at Heritage. How Much?

123 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hekla said:

...BTW, there are several comic shops in a five block radius of this part of Paris (This is near the Notre Dame) ... I had a fun afternoon while the wife was clothes shopping.

I haven't been to Editions Deesse since 1999 but that used to be a fun place, a really fun place! Same with Album (iirc) and I think one other whose name totally escapes me...

17 minutes ago, vodou said:

I haven't been to Editions Deesse since 1999 but that used to be a fun place, a really fun place! Same with Album (iirc) and I think one other whose name totally escapes me...

Album had recently been split into 2 stores, across Blvd. St. Germain from each other; The big one is mostly pop culture/statuary/american comics (english and french) and the other is Euro comics. The most interesting store I visited was Aaapoum Bapoum, which was mostly European comics (with the adult comix in the basement!)

13 hours ago, The Voord said:

Yeah, Comic Showcase on Neal Street.  Paul Hudson was the manager (nice guy).  They had racks and racks of quality OA at affordable prices.  On one of my early (infrequent) visits I came away with an early Kirby/Stone FF # 31 page, two Daredevil pages (#s 3 & 4), an Avengers # 12 page  and a few other Silver age goodies for the cash I had in my wallet.

What a fantastic little emporium Comic Showcase was, I used to go there all the time when I was a kid. The original Comic Showcase and the original Forbidden Planet were close by (Denmark St & Neal St).

I remember seeing all the original art on the walls, including Watchmen pages, but I couldn't get past them quick enough to get to the low grade Journey Into Mystery's I needed to fill my Thor run...