• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a thought . . . what about topical sales threads for all sellers?
2 2

41 posts in this topic

Great idea.  I'd recommend giving people a week to pull books out of their sell boxes.  Keep the sale thread open a week, and at the start of the current sale, post the topic for the next sale, unless you want to take votes, or have a competition that gives someone the right to pick an upcoming topic.

Would everyone have to agree on shipping terms?

I also think this is a great idea!

It would be cool if some sales threads could even be a bit more generic, like "Amazing Spider-Man #21-30", "John Byrne X-Men", "Silver Age Legion of Superheroes Appearances", etc.

For people like me who collect runs of titles, sales threads of this nature would be sweet!

I agree that sellers should be allowed to include their own shipping costs/options within their posts, as they can vary widely depending on the seller's geographical location.

One challenge I see with this theme is closing your posts if there's no interest in your books and you want to move them to other venues, but I think sellers can just note this in their posts when they decide to pull books from the sales thread.

The main problem with the idea (although it is a good one) is that there are probably more ideas for thread topics than there is room / real estate on the chat forum and I'd worry about too many threads being started initially because the idea was new and it would push individual sellers off the 1st page that are trying to sell their wares.

I guess if the idea really takes off we can ask for a topical sales thread sub-forum specifically for those types of threads.

As an occasional seller, this sounds like a pain in the butt.  Instead of selling one or at most two comics, when I make the time to put together a sales thread and take care of the correspondence and shipping in a timely way, I prefer selling many, many more comics than that.

I think it's a good idea.  It would make it easier for buyers that are looking for a specific book type (theme).   Drawing more traffic (buyers) to the thread, will give sellers a better chance to sell their books.  I don't think it would clog up the marketplace.  If anything, it will result in less threads.  Especially after the novelty wears off some.  

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

The main problem with the idea (although it is a good one) is that there are probably more ideas for thread topics than there is room / real estate on the chat forum and I'd worry about too many threads being started initially because the idea was new and it would push individual sellers off the 1st page that are trying to sell their wares.

I guess if the idea really takes off we can ask for a topical sales thread sub-forum specifically for those types of threads.

Someone could run a survey each month, and have people vote for what the next thread should be...

Very hard to manage and from a sellers stand point I see it as being too big a hassle.  Lets say there is 50 different threads ranging from Archie to Silver-Age Thors.  I've got a couple of books that fall into each of the 50 threads and now I've got to manage all of the different posts and keep everything in order.  A great idea for collectors who want to sell off a book or two and will have a audience of buyers.  

At this point won't there really only be Golden Age threads and a key book thread since those are the only books selling on the boards.

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I'll give you 40% of asking - you pay postage.

That's my line :sumo:

You are not alone.  :eyeroll: