• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Issues since 1985 Marvel/DC
2 2

31 posts in this topic

Is there a list / website that i can get a list of key issues from the last 20-30 years in Marvel and DC?

I know key issue is subjective but since I only recently got back into collecting I have some catching up to do to add to my collection.

Or if anyone just wants to chime in with recommendations I'll start my own list...

Thanks

Assuming you actually want the book in your hand...

Purchasing for value/investment is entirely different than purchasing to collect/read/enjoy.

If you are going to collect/read/enjoy then you will be buying Raw Books.

If you are buying for value/investment you will want to buy CGC Graded Books.

Also, keys constantly change with the current Movie/TV Show trends.

Off the top of my head...

ASM 252, 298 - 300 (Eddie Brock/Venom/Black Costume)

22 hours ago, moemaya said:

Is there a list / website that i can get a list of key issues from the last 20-30 years in Marvel and DC?

I know key issue is subjective but since I only recently got back into collecting I have some catching up to do to add to my collection.

Or if anyone just wants to chime in with recommendations I'll start my own list...

Thanks

New Mutants #98 first Deadpool comes to mind as the top key since 1985 by Marvel.

image.jpeg.9267c003946bb93269ab63ed06232b73.jpeg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

http://copperagecomics.com/keys.html

9.8 copies of GI Joe 21 are always key books.  I have a 9.6 and a 9.4 SS.  As much as I want a 9.8 I am happy for now.  The 9.8 has always eluded me. 

Turtles 1 is king though in this age group. 

6 minutes ago, moemaya said:

Thank you all so far for your replies!

@kav your list doesnt show up

I'm a believer that there are no worthy books post 1985.  I mean some worth reading like brubaker/phillips but not key.

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Not even tmnt  1?:wishluck:

I mean I can see why its a key i guess but it doesnt do anything for me.  Watchmen #1 would be key if it was worth anything.