• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA book not cut square. Trimmed?

12 posts in this topic

I have an ASM book that I suspect may have been trimmed but i'll present the pictures and get some feedback. As the pictures show, I have lined the comics spine up with the cardboard backer. When you look at the top you can see that the edge does not run square with the spine. Not sure if this is common in some SA books. It also is a little wavy. The edges of the paper on top are not a different color than the other edges. If you need more pics or have questions fire away. Thanks.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

It is an ebay purchase. Received it weeks ago but didn't notice it until I was going thru possible submissions.

pls tell me u did not buy from alllthingscomics

Many comics weren't cut at a 90 degree angle, you may see severe examples described as diamond cut.  That alone doesn't mean it was trimmed.  More telling would be if the edge isn't straight... very difficult to make a long, perfectly straight cut with scissors.

8 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Many comics weren't cut at a 90 degree angle, you may see severe examples described as diamond cut.  That alone doesn't mean it was trimmed.  More telling would be if the edge isn't straight... very difficult to make a long, perfectly straight cut with scissors.

plus the suspicious cut wrinkles at top.

27 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I sighted the top edge and its as straight as can be. I'd really like to press and sub the book. Can you have it prescreened for alterations as such?

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

This copy is VFish so i'd hate to replace it if it wasn't butchered. Paid $20 for it so a press getting me a 8.0 would be acceptable.

asm 58 f.jpg

asm 58 b.jpg

That's the first ASM that I bought off the rack :x GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

20 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

That's the first ASM that I bought off the rack :x GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Who's rack?