• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Baltimore Convention 2018
3 3

129 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You want me to stamp your claws? ( I was going to say tail, but it sounded bad;)

My parking

Just now, skypinkblu said:
25 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

My parking

If you drive to Baltimore from the West Coast, I'll pay for your parking;) (as long as it's under $10;)

Now that's a fine offer right there  :grin:

Thanks for the report. I left DC last year after a good 11-12 years. This was my favorite con, and stuff like this makes me miss the area.

Hope you had fun!

Edited by awakeintheashes

44 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

If you drive to Baltimore from the West Coast, I'll pay for your parking;) (as long as it's under $10;)

As long as the tail validation offer still stands.  But wait.., what?  -Baltimore? I'm not a masochist.., much.

My favorite show of the year.  Marc does an awesome job.  I thought there was plenty to buy, but don't know what other guys were looking for.  Picked up the Flash 1 CGC 2.5 from Superworld Ted and then snagged a sweet Tec 66 and a nice Tec 69 as well as a Miss Fury 1 and then some nice high end Silver.  Bob Storms and Rick both had A-level stuff.  Richard Evans had a slew of great books, but I was shot by the time I got to his booth.  Fellow board member murphman13 had an awesome selection with some beautiful pre code books, big super keys and some really nice high grade.  Picked up a nice MS 5 CGC 9.2 and a couple Hulk 181s.  Picked up a HOS 92 CGC 7.5 for under GPA.  Enjoyed the on site grading and that went super smooth.  I hope people checked Glenn (murphman13)  out over the weekend cause he had some awesome stuff.  Bought random high grade from a bunch of other guys, then picked up a nice original owner small collection of high grade Marvels on Friday night that someone lugged to the show.  Flew to Napa on Saturday AM and skipped the rest of the show.  

On 9/28/2018 at 6:18 PM, Hudson said:

or the price REALLY high.

The whole point of con dealers should be pay for an expensive admission ticket so you can get great deals not pay for an expensive ticket so you can pay more for books that you can get elsewhere cheaper.  I dont gettit.

29 minutes ago, kav said:

The whole point of con dealers should be pay for an expensive admission ticket so you can get great deals not pay for an expensive ticket so you can pay more for books that you can get elsewhere cheaper.  I dont gettit.

I'm extremely fussy for staples, and I hate buying anything twice.  It's worth the premium to see books in person, and make sure it's my forever copy.

4 hours ago, kav said:

Dealers watch out for book snatchers!!!!

I was sitting at a friends booth just as the show closed and show security was announcing booth by booth to be aware that there are bandits at the show. I asked what had happened and was told the bagged someone grabbing a box or a pile of whatever, art maybe, that part is unclear, but they did catch the Mofo

4 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I was sitting at a friends booth just as the show closed and show security was announcing booth by booth to be aware that there are bandits at the show. I asked what had happened and was told the bagged someone grabbing a box or a pile of whatever, art maybe, that part is unclear, but they did catch the Mofo

we need to post his pic far and wide so dealers can watch out for him.  Someone get that booking photo!

6 undercover guys at every con.  Their job: to hang out near high dollar booths with cosplay-wearing glasses that cover their eyes so no one can see what they are looking at.  Big smiles on faces, acting involved and distracted.  Watching for people checking out wall books then looking around constantly, head on a swivel.

20 minutes ago, kav said:

6 undercover ninja chicks at every con.  Their job: to hang out near high dollar booths with cosplay-wearing glasses that cover their eyes so no one can see what they are looking at.  Big smiles on faces, acting involved and distracted.  Watching for people checking out wall books then looking around constantly, head on a swivel.

Fixed that for you.  :grin: