• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con pics anyone?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I went yesterday. Sorry no pics. The only art dealer/rep set up was Anthony's Comic Art. Many artists had there own work for sale, but his was the only "wall" or display.

Anthonys set up is noteworthy. He has portfolio after portfolio stacked up to rummage through like comic long boxes. It  makes me shudder on one hand as I watch the bending and soft corners sticking out, but on the other it's cool to give so much accessibility. 

I went to see if Ed Piskor had any X-Men Grand Design pages. He did not. Had some cool panel patches and he had the "cover" to one. The cover was made up of 4 different corner boxes from old x-men issues. He light boxed the actual art from Jim Lee, Paul Smith, etc, then inked over with some tweaks. They were cool, but being all separate and pricey I passed. Someone bought at least one.

1 hour ago, skrilla1212 said:

Anthonys set up is noteworthy. He has portfolio after portfolio stacked up to rummage through like comic long boxes.

I've only been once in recent history (2013 I believe) and I remember he was there then, but there were several others set up as well.  Very comic-centric show; wondering if the close proximity to the NYCC caused art dealers to pass or if this is now a yearly occurrence? Looking forward to seeing the Simonson's tomorrow as they are not attending NYCC.

2 hours ago, skrilla1212 said:

I went yesterday. Sorry no pics. The only art dealer/rep set up was Anthony's Comic Art. Many artists had there own work for sale, but his was the only "wall" or display.

Anthonys set up is noteworthy. He has portfolio after portfolio stacked up to rummage through like comic long boxes. It  makes me shudder on one hand as I watch the bending and soft corners sticking out, but on the other it's cool to give so much accessibility. 

I went to see if Ed Piskor had any X-Men Grand Design pages. He did not. Had some cool panel patches and he had the "cover" to one. The cover was made up of 4 different corner boxes from old x-men issues. He light boxed the actual art from Jim Lee, Paul Smith, etc, then inked over with some tweaks. They were cool, but being all separate and pricey I passed. Someone bought at least one.

Can I ask you why Piskor didn’t have any pages from X-men? Hanging on to them? Sold them all? All digital? I haven’t seen anything but those corner boxes and patches on CAF. 

1 hour ago, skrilla1212 said:

@jay Ollie espy: It totally escaped me to ask. I'd meant to, and forgot.

Thanks for replying. There are about 95 pages in Grand Design and yet I’ve not seen one original page. Is it fair to ask you what Ed’s asking prices were on the stuff he did have?

Sure. He had a couple panels that were 300-400. Just single panels. One was the mr sinister her tweeted recently. Very cool image but small.

https://goo.gl/images/pQ83Po

For that cover he had 3 boards:

wolverine & gambit- $1500

full team- $1000

head shots and storm/cyclops question mark (1 board) $500

varios sizes but all on the smaller end.

Someone bought the $500 within the first hour of the show. I like the art to represent the printed page so couldn't get over single panel or  how they were split.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, skrilla1212 said:

Strange that no other dealers were set up in the show. I went in 2016 and I found Spencer Beck had set up and I couldn't leave without getting a David Finch Page from Batman Rebirth #1

15 hours ago, timguerrero said:

Strange that no other dealers were set up in the show. I went in 2016 and I found Spencer Beck had set up and I couldn't leave without getting a David Finch Page from Batman Rebirth #1

I've seen Albert there before too, the Reps will setup if their artists attend.  Like When Jim Lee, John Cassaday attend, then Albert has a booth.

3 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

I've seen Albert there before too, the Reps will setup if their artists attend.  Like When Jim Lee, John Cassaday attend, then Albert has a booth.

Too many shows perhaps? Also this landed very close to NYCC.