• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's in your attic?
1 1

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Nope! I'll leave that to you, the manlier, less scaredy-cat men of the world! I'm quite content to stay as far away from creepy crawlies as possible.

Man-oak eats creepy-crawlies for breakfast!  

c_247_mud_and_bugs_box_front.jpg

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

Oh wow it says on the box-'not bundled as usual due to shipping error'!  I wonder if that means the books are in better condition than usual-

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I killed a spider in my apartment this morning that had the body size of a nickel. Probably 3" leg-span.

I almost died looking at the ugly b%^&*.

I've got some out in the comic cavern / pool room that look like mice when they run by.  The good thing about the big ones is they're easier to spot and eliminate. 

Spiders I can handle, I even have a "spider cup" that I use to catch and release the ones i find inside the house and drop them outside. They eat the other pests that bug me so I'm spider friendly.

It's these guys I friggin hate!

IMG_5746.JPG

Ok I started opening that box in the attic-it was some books with a guy lifting a green car but I saw a spider so I got the hell out of there!!!  

I've got a ton of long boxes below my father's house.  It's been exposed to the weather for several years, so I don't know the exact condition.  They were given to my mom from a friend of hers who worked at an LCS way back in the mid-90s that closed down.  I often wonder if there's anything of value in the long boxes.  I have been tempted to go down there but haven't had time to do so yet.

12 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I've got some out in the comic cavern / pool room that look like mice when they run by.  The good thing about the big ones is they're easier to spot and eliminate. 

I had arachnophobia until I was about 22. Now I have a pure hatred. I get the same adrenaline seeing these big, ugly b%^&*es, but (instead of running and crying) it keeps my mind sharp and my arms swift when wielding my hockey stick to crush every atom of their physical existence.

I let daddy long legs have free reign in my apartment unless they're huge. I once saw one with a 6" leg span run across the wall next to my bed. It still had a tiny body, but I was like, "nah you've evolved to an uncomfortable size".