• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Proudly Hosted on Photobucket"

24 posts in this topic

Anyone know how I can get rid of the 'Proudly Hosted on Photobucket' watermark over my photos in my set description?  I just noticed this for the first time today and have never seen this on them before (it's only on some, not all, too).  Do I just need to delete them and re-upload them?

Link to my set with the 'Proudly Hosted on Photobucket' watermark pics

Any help would be appreciated - thanks, everyone!

~ Sensei Ryan

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Yes. Stop using Photobucket.

That set is appropriate, though. Photobucket is the walking dead, just waiting for somebody to finish off its shambling corpse.

In case you think my answer isn't serious, I assure you it is. Stop using Photobucket. They've just been getting worse and there is no reason to believe that trend will reverse or even stop.

I'm not 'dead' set on using them anymore :nyah:, but can you tell me which service to start using in their place (that is free) to use?  What is better to use instead? Thanks!

23 hours ago, namisgr said:

I just download images from Photobucket to my computer (it's one click for each image), and then use them from there.

Cool!  I'd like to do that.  How do I get access to your computer from here? hm

18 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Cool!  I'd like to do that.  How do I get access to your computer from here? hm

You just need my Photobucket user name and password.  Isn't cloud service great?   :wink:

Edited by namisgr

I pay the annual fee, and am still seeing the Photobucket watermark.  I've sent them a message.

Interesting - I only get the watermark when I post a full size image, not when I post a thumbnail, and then grow it.

EDIT - Message back from Photobucket:

Moss (Photobucket Support)

Oct 2, 10:52 AM MDT

Hello,

I appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We have identified the problem and our engineering team was able to find a solution.

You may need to clear your cache and cookies and then restart your browser.

Here is how to clear your browser's cache and cookies:
http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21118613-clear-your-browser-s-cache-and-cookies

If this does not help, please let me know so I can notify our engineers and continue researching this.

Thank you for your patience, and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

Edited by lizards2
greggy

On 9/30/2018 at 6:33 PM, namisgr said:

I just download images from Photobucket to my computer (it's one click for each image), and then use them from there.

But do you know the steps (or can show me where to find the steps) to insert pics into our registry sets that way?  I know it's easy to do (add pics) on the forum but the html codes are different on there (it's not as user friendly on the registry sets as it is on the boards).  Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!  

Seriously what’s going on here? Get rid of Photobucket, and just take advantage of technology. Most frequent / popular web sites nowadays let you just upload the photos you want to display without posting links. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

But do you know the steps (or can show me where to find the steps) to insert pics into our registry sets that way?  I know it's easy to do (add pics) on the forum but the html codes are different on there (it's not as user friendly on the registry sets as it is on the boards).  Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!  

Yes, it's very easy to perform once you learn how.  Download the file you want to use for the Registry from Photobucket to your computer.  To do so, in Photobucket click once on the thumbnail image, then click the 'download' option to the right of the enlarged image.  In the Registry, click on 'edit comic' for the book whose image you want to upload, and then click the 'choose file' and click on the file location on your computer (mine has a folder with all downloaded files).  There's no watermark from Photobucket.  Here's an upload I just did: downloaded from Photobucket to my 'download' folder on my desktop, then uploaded the file from the desktop to the Registry.

Return to Image Gallery > 

COMIC DETAILS

Comic Description: Captain America 153
Grade: 9.8
Page Quality: WHITE
Pedigree: Suscha News
Certification #: 1051575017
Owner: namisgr

SET DETAILS

Custom Sets: This comic is not in any custom sets.
Sets Competing: Picture Gallery  Score: 120

Research: See CGC's Census Report for this Comic

IMAGE #1
Enlarge   comic_magnify.gif
2281295_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=MTAvMi8yM
Edited by namisgr

47 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Yes, it's very easy to perform once you learn how.  Download the file you want to use for the Registry from Photobucket to your computer.  To do so, in Photobucket click once on the thumbnail image, then click the 'download' option to the right of the enlarged image.  In the Registry, click on 'edit comic' for the book whose image you want to upload, and then click the 'choose file' and click on the file location on your computer (mine has a folder with all downloaded files).  There's no watermark from Photobucket.  Here's an upload I just did: downloaded from Photobucket to my 'download' folder on my desktop, then uploaded the file from the desktop to the Registry.

Return to Image Gallery > 

COMIC DETAILS

Comic Description: Captain America 153
Grade: 9.8
Page Quality: WHITE
Pedigree: Suscha News
Certification #: 1051575017
Owner: namisgr

SET DETAILS

Custom Sets: This comic is not in any custom sets.
Sets Competing: Picture Gallery  Score: 120

Research: See CGC's Census Report for this Comic

IMAGE #1
Enlarge   comic_magnify.gif
2281295_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=MTAvMi8yM

Thanks for the info but I am inquiring about adding images into the description part of the set as a whole (if you look at my info on my main page you can see the pics that have the Photobucket watermark on them) - I've never had a problem uploading pics into my individual comic slots but it's the overall set description that I need a fix for (if that makes sense) - let me know if you have another recommendation for that, please :) 

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

Seriously what’s going on here? Get rid of Photobucket, and just take advantage of technology. Most frequent / popular web sites nowadays let you just upload the photos you want to display without posting links. (thumbsu

That is true, but the registry sets are not quite as easy to deal with html-wise as one might think - have you ever done that (uploaded pics into a registry set description)?

I'm definitely fine with dropping photobucket but I would need an image service (or another way) to get pics in my set description if so - so if you have any suggestions I'm open to them! :)

And today, the watermarks are gone.  I don't know if it was what I did as suggested above, or Photobucket adjusted something in the system.  

dp86a.jpg

Photobucket, in its day, was the premiere picture hosting site. It was relatively easy to use, and quick, and had no peer on the internet. Now, sadly, like Myspace, it has gone the way of the dodo, and is no longer viable. Sad.

Photobucket ~ 2003-2017. Gone, but not forgotten. RIP

On 10/3/2018 at 11:57 AM, lizards2 said:

And today, the watermarks are gone.  I don't know if it was what I did as suggested above, or Photobucket adjusted something in the system.  

dp86a.jpg

That's a beauty. :luhv:

And so very fitting that the "first issue" of the Doom Patrol has a strange font for the issue number. :D

On 9/30/2018 at 3:03 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

I'm not 'dead' set on using them anymore :nyah:, but can you tell me which service to start using in their place (that is free) to use?  What is better to use instead? Thanks!

I merely scan my pics and save em.  Then I upload onto ebay or whatever.  Never understood why people use photobucket or any hosting service.

44 minutes ago, kav said:

I merely scan my pics and save em.  Then I upload onto ebay or whatever.  Never understood why people use photobucket or any hosting service.

Not all sites allowed you to directly upload pictures from your computer or if they did the process was convoluted.

It's easy to directly upload pictures here now, but that wasn't always the case.