• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic boo price guide app?

10 posts in this topic

I'm curious what price guide alot of sellers on eBay are using.  There's so many that want way above gpa prices.  I saw one selling a junk book for $10000 just because Stan Lee's signature is on it.  I had a good laugh at it, lol.

Edited by Sky1
missing a zero on the price

11 hours ago, Sky1 said:

I'm curious what price guide alot of sellers on eBay are using.  There's so many that want way above gpa prices.  I saw one selling a junk book for $10000 just because Stan Lee's signature is on it.  I had a good laugh at it, lol.

Many Ebay sellers prey on the uninformed taking advantage of things like movie hype, abusively overgrading, hiding restoration, etc. so thinking they may use some sort of reputable price guide is not a part of their design.  Many also build in the price of Ebay fees if a book sells to pass that cost on to the buyer.  Not to say there are not many great sellers and some deals to be had on Ebay but when you see exorbitantly priced items, I would consider the closest pricing theory those sellers use on Ebay is...

sucker-born-435x262.jpg