• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Top 35
2 2

41 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

The last week I have been going through my collection to identify the books I really love. The books that I don't want to sell and even if I do I probably will be looking to get them right back. I have a habit of selling books and then buying them back 3-6 months later. :foryou:

My desire has always been to have a small collection but filled with books I really like a lot. 50 books that I keep feels good to me. I made it 51 just to feel like I was giving myself that one extra. If I add one in the future I will take one off. There have to be at least 20 books that are right there behind these and if one of them has to come in one of these will need to go. There are two of the books on this list that I am currently without a copy of but looking to remedy. I would rather not say which two, but one of them would be pretty obvious. It is in bold.

Here they are:

Airboy vol 4 #8
All Top 16
Amazing Fantasy 15
Amazing Spider-Man 44
Amazing Spider-Man 50
Archie 13
Archie 35
Archie 50
Baffling Mysteries 7
Betty and Veronica 40
Blue Beetle 52
Captain Easy 12
Captain Science 6
Catman 31
Cinderella Love 25
Down with Crime 7
Famous Funnies 209
Fight 40
Fight 41
Four Color 178
Freckles & Friends 8
Ghost 6
Girl Confessions 26
House of Secrets 92
Jo-Jo 25
Jumbo 159
Jungle 54
Katy Keene 62
Mystery Men 10
Mystic vol 2 #2
Peanuts 1
Phantom Lady 18
Phantom Lady 23
Planet 18
Planet 28
Planet 33
Planet 35
Planet 56
Planet 65
Planet 66
Rangers 26
Shock SuspenStories 6
Startling 49
Strange Worlds 4
Suspense Comics 3
Tales of Suspense 8
Teen-age Romances 45
Tip Topper 1
True to Life Romances 11
Weird Science 20
Wonder Comics 13

not a single Batman or Lou Fine :sorry:

but at least there is Peanuts :banana:

28 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My choices are quite “girl-centric” if you hadn’t noticed. :bigsmile:

Fine had some amazing work and Fantastic 3 could easily be on this list but I talked myself out of it for financial reasons.  

I know what you bean about a Fantastic 3, if I weren't so attached to my left nut I would have bought a copy.

6 minutes ago, Timely said:

Why ASM #44?

Yeah, I know that one is a little odd.  I always liked the Lizard a lot and that dark cover always struck me from the beginning of my time collecting.  I’m not a signature series guy but it’s the one book I keep a SS of.  ASM 33 would be one of the almost made it books too.

This list is really just for the more collectible books.  Books like The Crow and Concrete would be in this list because of the ways the stories moved me.  

84845C2A-71C5-4D7F-9F4D-B750E428F5C0.jpeg

Awesome you were able to get it down to 50 books. Great way to prune the collection. I usually don't go for books signed on the cover but I really like your ASM 44. That silver pen really makes it pop. And I agree Lizard is one of the best..after his buddy Stegron that is. ?

Good luck on your Suspense 3 quest! 

7 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

Awesome you were able to get it down to 50 books. Great way to prune the collection. I usually don't go for books signed on the cover but I really like your ASM 44. That silver pen really makes it pop. And I agree Lizard is one of the best..after his buddy Stegron that is. ?

Good luck on your Suspense 3 quest! 

Thank you

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I own 80,000 books, what an adventure it would be to get that down to 50!

Could I pick a top 50 of what I own? I suppose so...but it would not be easy to do.

Thanks for sharing your list.

Wow! Thanks a lot of comics Karl!!