BeachBum Comics October Sales Thread - NYCC - Campbells & more!
13 13

65 posts in this topic

12,799 posts

There are changes to shipping/billing so please read carefully - This month I will be doing a trial run of invoicing through my web store. This way invoices will be generated and you will benefit from the same shipping rates/discounts of the beachbumcomics.com web store. You will also have the new option of paying directly with Credit Card as opposed to just Paypal as with past orders. All Domestic orders up to $100 and all international orders will pay shipping based on package weight. All Domestic Orders over $100 will get the same free shipping as regular website orders - So that's a new benefit.

To be clear, all items for sale in this thread are not available for sale on the beachbumcomics.com web store at the time of sale here. I am just using the website's invoice system to help me fulfill orders more easily and to expedite shipping. If you buy from me off the web store or eBay you know how fast I am to ship.

Normal rules apply, no Probies or HOSers, or people I decide not to sell to.

Everything I sell is in my possession or allotted to me at the time sale. No returns. If there's some issue with damage during shipping I will work it out.

9.9 and 10.0 upgrades will be offered to buyers in order of purchase in the sales thread.

I will personally be pre-screening these books as usual. These books have not yet been evaluated by CGC - If for some reason (print run, etc) I can not provide a CGC 9.8 you will be issued a full refund.

Edited by BeachBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

First off, I've gotten a number of messages the past month asking where I've been since I didn't post a September sales thread. I've filled some people in here and at recent cons but here's the short of it - In early September my 84 year old mother had a surgery which while relatively minor seemed to accelerate another condition during her rehab for the surgery. During the weekend of Keystone Comic Con while I was away my mother was staying at my home and blacked out on my wife twice and had to be rushed to the ER. Again, I would like to thank all my friends who were with me and supported me while I was stuck at Keystone Con when this happened. She was released the next day and when I got home everything seemed fine until my Birthday a few days later and she blacked out and fell, luckily I was there to catch her. After that incident she was hospitalized for a few days and diagnosed with a form of hypotension - If she stands too long her blood pressure drops suddenly and she blacks out. For now she's back with us because she is not allowed to go back home and be alone. Every day has been tests, more tests, and now we're waiting for a MRI to make sure there weren't any longterm effects caused by the blackouts.

I would like to thank all the boardies, dealers/facilitators, and CGC employees who were aware of the situation for the kind words and best wishes for my Mom, it means a lot to me.

I'm out the door to NYCC so I'll be back to shipping after so I apologize for the scattered shipping the past couple of weeks. The majority of stuff that needs to be shipped now are orders that contain corrected printings that were picked up at Keystone Comic Con. There is one more remaining corrected printing, X-23 #1, that I should be getting at NYCC.

If you are waiting for Dell'Otto Sig Series those books are now graded in the CGC system and should be back to me next week so thanks for your patience on that front.

Edited by BeachBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

For those who ordered Detective 880 Black Foils in CGC 9.8 they came back last Thursday right before I headed out to Baltimore Comic Con and there will be 10.0 and 9.9 upgrades available. I will be contacting the group of purchasers by PM shortly.

IMG_E3559.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

I haven't had a chance to sell these so if you're looking for them -

Catwoman #3 Artgerm Gold Foil (sealed poly-bag, front cover presents NM+ or better)

$30 raw

(10 available) SOLD OUT!

Three sold to Workingdog

Three sold to Bronze Paradise

IMG_3577.jpg

Edited by BeachBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
296 posts
7 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

I haven't had a chance to sell these so if you're looking for them -

Catwoman #3 Artgerm Gold Foil (sealed poly-bag, front cover presents NM+ or better)

$30 raw

(10 available) 7 LEFT!

Three sold to Workingdog

 

 

Thank you, Dre!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

Amazing Spider-Man #2 J. Scott Campbell NYCC Exclusives

 

Virgin A Spider-Man & MJ (white background)

$200 CGC 9.8 (6 available) 5 LEFT!

$200 CGC 9.8 SS Campbell (6 available) 4 LEFT!

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

 

Virgin B Black Suit Spider-Man & MJ (red background)

$200 CGC 9.8 (6 available) 5 LEFT!

$200 CGC 9.8 SS Campbell (6 available) 4 LEFT!

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

 

Spider-Gwen & Miles Morales (pink background)

$250 CGC 9.8 (6 available) 5 LEFT!

CGC 9.8 SS Campbell (4 available) 1 LEFT!

IMG_3525.jpg$250

IMG_3526.jpg

 

Edited by BeachBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,702 posts

Hope your mom is doing better Dre.   Mine is currently 75 and i worry about her everyday and we are 600 miles apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
826 posts

I too hope your mom gets better from this and that there are no lingering effects.  Good to see you back here though---thanks for the updates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,277 posts

Best wishes as well for your mom and your family.  :foryou:

Edited by ChiSoxFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73 posts
On 10/2/2018 at 2:01 PM, BeachBum said:

Amazing Spider-Man #2 J. Scott Campbell NYCC Exclusives

 

Virgin A Spider-Man & MJ (white background)

$200 CGC 9.8 (6 available)

$200 CGC 9.8 SS Campbell (6 available)

 

Virgin B Black Suit Spider-Man & MJ (red background)

$200 CGC 9.8 (6 available)

$200 CGC 9.8 SS Campbell (6 available)

 

Spider-Gwen & Miles Morales (pink background)

$250 CGC 9.8 (6 available)

$250 CGC 9.8 SS Campbell (4 available)

FullSizeRender.jpg

:takeit: one of each of the SS.. 

 

and best wishes for you and the family!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
622 posts
On 10/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, BeachBum said:

I haven't had a chance to sell these so if you're looking for them -

Catwoman #3 Artgerm Gold Foil (sealed poly-bag, front cover presents NM+ or better)

$30 raw

(10 available) 7 LEFT!

Three sold to Workingdog

IMG_3577.jpg

I will purchase four of them.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169 posts
On 10/2/2018 at 3:17 PM, BeachBum said:

First off, I've gotten a number of messages the past month asking where I've been since I didn't post a September sales thread. I've filled some people in here and at recent cons but here's the short of it - In early September my 84 year old mother had a surgery which while relatively minor seemed to accelerate another condition during her rehab for the surgery. During the weekend of Keystone Comic Con while I was away my mother was staying at my home and blacked out on my wife twice and had to be rushed to the ER. Again, I would like to thank all my friends who were with me and supported me while I was stuck at Keystone Con when this happened. She was released the next day and when I got home everything seemed fine until my Birthday a few days later and she blacked out and fell, luckily I was there to catch her. After that incident she was hospitalized for a few days and diagnosed with a form of hypotension - If she stands too long her blood pressure drops suddenly and she blacks out. For now she's back with us because she is not allowed to go back home and be alone. Every day has been tests, more tests, and now we're waiting for a MRI to make sure there weren't any longterm effects caused by the blackouts.

I would like to thank all the boardies, dealers/facilitators, and CGC employees who were aware of the situation for the kind words and best wishes for my Mom, it means a lot to me.

I'm out the door to NYCC so I'll be back to shipping after so I apologize for the scattered shipping the past couple of weeks. The majority of stuff that needs to be shipped now are orders that contain corrected printings that were picked up at Keystone Comic Con. There is one more remaining corrected printing, X-23 #1, that I should be getting at NYCC.

If you are waiting for Dell'Otto Sig Series those books are now graded in the CGC system and should be back to me next week so thanks for your patience on that front.

Best of luck with your mom.  I haven't been as active as I'd like to be here after my own mom had a stroke and a couple associated falls afterward.  She's experiencing the same blood pressure issue as you described, and they haven't been able to find the cause yet.  I, too, am thankful for support from family, so we all here can empathize and wish you the best as she continues to recover. Sometimes giving personal details on a message board is tough, but thanks for sharing your story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,640 posts

Dre

Does your mom get lightheaded and dizzy when she stands after laying down . If so she could have pots. A very rare disorder .  Might be something to look into .  Regardless best wishes to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310 posts

May I have one of each of the ASM NYCC variants, signed please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. The biggest concern we have is that she may have a stroke during one of those blackout episodes. We managed to get the MRI pushed up to Monday so hopefully we’ll know more after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

Catwoman #3 NYCC Artgerm Silver Foil

(sealed polybagged - front cover presents NM+ or better)

$35 raw

(10 available) 6 LEFT!

 

cw 3.jpg

Edited by BeachBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,799 posts

Batman #56 NYCC Mattina Silver Foil

(sealed polybagged - front cover presents NM+ or better)

$35 raw

(10 available) 6 LEFT!

 

bm 56.jpg

Edited by BeachBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
13 13