• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLIFTON NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO-SUN, OCT 14TH

23 posts in this topic

Join us on Sunday, October 14th th for our Clifton Show! America's favorite and longest running monthly comic book show!

The show runs from 10-4 at The Clifton Community Recreation Center, 1232 Main Ave, Clifton, NJ 07011.

Admission is FREE as always during our regular show hours of 10-4!

But... more and more collectors have been coming to shop before the show is officially open.  So... from 8:30 to 10:00 there will be a $5 early bird admission charge.  Earlybirds must use only the front entrance to the building.  For security reasons, only vendors loading in can use the back entrance prior to 10.

Our dealers' room is SOLD OUT again!... all of your regular friends will be here as well as some new faces. Once again we will have everything from CGC investment grade keys to 25 cent readers... supplies and some action figures as well.

Our notorious no minimum bid auction is NOW AT 1:30!.

Be sure to check out our website: http://www.njcomicbookshows.com/

Like us on Facebook at NJ Comic Book Shows

Upcoming shows:

Hasbrouck Heights 10/28

Clifton 11/11

Old Bridge 11/25

Clifton 12/9

Wayne 12/30

Seeya There!

JP

1 hour ago, pug productions said:

One dealer had to cancel for health issues... so I do have one table available!

If I wasn't already doing a show Sunday, I'd be there with bells on.

1 minute ago, Foolkiller said:

I will sponsor any board member who wants to set up (meaning I'll buy your table).

So tempting!!! But i haven't done a show in years! Thanks for doing that Brian!

4 hours ago, pug productions said:

Oh, go ahead... I can use the money...

Not looking good here, I think it is too much to do if I wanted to take it. Someone else feel free to take the offer!

13 hours ago, Bird said:

okay, I am going to give it a shot. I am tired already and I only put together a few sets!

I think I would have jumped on foolkiller's offer if I had some time to prepare, that is pretty nice. One of these days I have to make it over to one of these NJ shows, but my kids have me running around with sports stuff all weekend until the weather gets lousy.

I'm glad Bird took me up on my offer.  Each month, at JP's Clifton show, I will sponsor one table for any board member who wants to take me up on it.  I'd love to see some guys who lurk and want to offer material not generally seen previously.  I sponsor all the tables at the December show, but I try to make sure all the regulars get a slot.  

1 hour ago, iganatz said:

Looking forward to this, coming up from the Shore to check it out.  Will be the first show I've been to in over 25 years!

I am sure you will enjoy it.  We don't call our shows "old school" because we never became "new school".  99% of the room is filled with comics or directly related stuff!

2 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

I'm glad Bird took me up on my offer.  Each month, at JP's Clifton show, I will sponsor one table for any board member who wants to take me up on it.  I'd love to see some guys who lurk and want to offer material not generally seen previously.  I sponsor all the tables at the December show, but I try to make sure all the regulars get a slot.  

Thanks again to @Foolkiller for sponsoring the table! It really got me in gear and I have a bunch of comics ready to go, even a bunch of the good stuff that I had put aside for the next VCC! Maybe I can talk a dealer or two into trading a box of my stuff for one or two items from his stuff. I am hoping to move some of my larger lots at low low prices and maybe some of my excessive sets as well.

I have been organized generally for a while, but putting together the stuff for the show (I double bag/board alot of my stuff so I had to single bag a bunch of stuff) was tedious but it is done. I hope to take some time tonight and put together a portfolio of original comic art. Then it is all about supplies and charging the phone and ipod. I will have painters tape for my signs this time!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

See you around 9:30 JP! (I have no real setup other than putting the boxes on the table! I have no wall at all!)

2 hours ago, pug productions said:

I am sure you will enjoy it.  We don't call our shows "old school" because we never became "new school".  99% of the room is filled with comics or directly related stuff!

Awesome.  Thought about going to NYCC for a minute but the tales of crowds and ticket problems turned me off.  I'm also not into the whole celebrity, TV/film and cosplay aspects that are important parts of those big cons these days. This con sounds like much more my scene.  Plus it's in my home, dirty Jerz! 

Going to be doing a sales thread on the boards in the next week or two but now am thinking maybe I should bring some books with me to trade?  Also interested in the auction (as a buyer), how many lots do you generally auction off and how long does it usually last?

Edited by iganatz

5 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

I’ll take you up on that for June next year and make a donation to Pug Productions ?