• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLIFTON NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO-SUN, OCT 14TH

23 posts in this topic

Well, busted my hump and although I guess it was worth it, it was just barely. I only made about $225 sales but with no table fee or real expenses that is good. So thakn you once again @Foolkiller!

Your generosity was what made the show worth it for me. But what put a smile on my face today was that I was able to trade for this...

DpfyzMqW0AA_ojk.jpg

I think that this book is a blast. It won't start me on a foreign comic collecting focus but it is a ton of fun to me. Traded about 30 books for it, a bunch of early Luke Cage and some early ASM and X-Men. We both seemed very happy with the deal, he got some really good looking books for their grades, strong colors and such and I got to move some volume for a single book (which appeals to me). I am already planning on what to bring to this guys next show so I can trade some more...I traded him a bunch of drek once before so I know that I can move some volume with him and I can bring some more bronze and late silver for him.

I also gave 2 Batgirl comics to each of the children I saw, both of them young girls. Both were grateful although one actually jumped up and down. I also sold two posters to a young girl who was manning her father's booth, $1 each. She took a lot of time and came running back for a second one. But otherwise no kids there. They had what I thought was a strong turnout. I was pleased with the turnout but the books just didn't sell. I even had a few people say they wished they had seen my books earlier as they had purchased other copies for more money already. One guy balked at a $35 X-Men issue (somewhere from 131-163 or something) saying that it was a much better copy than he was hoping to find. That was odd, usually I worry that my books are too lowgrade and he was complaining that it was too high-grade. So I sold it to him for $20. He wasn't going at $25 but hit it at $20. They he lamented missing the Avengers annual 10 that the trade guy collected, the only Avengers book I brought. Not having a wall meant those books were all unseen. I would do well with a wall I think but that may be beyond me at this point as it seems quite an investment for one show a year.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, Bird said:

Well, busted my hump and although I guess it was worth it, it was just barely. I only made about $225 sales but with no table fee or real expenses that is good. So thakn you once again @Foolkiller!

Your generosity was what made the show worth it for me. But what put a smile on my face today was that I was able to trade for this...

DpfyzMqW0AA_ojk.jpg

I think that this book is a blast. It won't start me on a foreign comic collecting focus but it is a ton of fun to me. Traded about 30 books for it, a bunch of early Luke Cage and some early ASM and X-Men. We both seemed very happy with the deal, he got some really good looking books for their grades, strong colors and such and I got to move some volume for a single book (which appeals to me). I am already planning on what to bring to this guys next show so I can trade some more...I traded him a bunch of drek once before so I know that I can move some volume with him and I can bring some more bronze and late silver for him.

I also gave 2 Batgirl comics to each of the children I saw, both of them young girls. Both were grateful although one actually jumped up and down. I also sold two posters to a young girl who was manning her father's booth, $1 each. She took a lot of time and came running back for a second one. But otherwise no kids there. They had what I thought was a strong turnout. I was pleased with the turnout but the books just didn't sell. I even had a few people say they wished they had seen my books earlier as they had purchased other copies for more money already. One guy balked at a $35 X-Men issue (somewhere from 131-163 or something) saying that it was a much better copy than he was hoping to find. That was odd, usually I worry that my books are too lowgrade and he was complaining that it was too high-grade. So I sold it to him for $20. He wasn't going at $25 but hit it at $20. They he lamented missing the Avengers annual 10 that the trade guy collected, the only Avengers book I brought. Not having a wall meant those books were all unseen. I would do well with a wall I think but that may be beyond me at this point as it seems quite an investment for one show a year.

I saw some of the books you had in your boxes... a wall display would have definitely made a difference.  If you do the show again, just bring a piece of 2 by 4 plywood with channel molding on it.  I can bring an easel for you to put it on.  Attendance was ok... but a few of our usual heavy hitters shot their wad at NYCC the weekend before.