• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you ever choose to NOT sell to a specific customer?
2 2

55 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, revat said:

Illegal isn't always the same as a rules violations which isn't always the same as legal (but with specific tax implications) which isn't always the same as unethical which isn't always the same as bad business which isn't always the same as fraud.  There's a lot to parse through, any many points along the spectrum. 

Would you sell to someone who YOU KNEW was reselling for profit but WASN'T paying their taxes on it?  What if someone held the lotteries physically in their store as opposed to online, but DID pay the taxes?  If you as the original seller don't pay the taxes, is that more or less legal or ethical than the next dude doing a lottery?

I think if there's a lot of wormholes to dig if one is interested.  I would say that unless you know someone is actively lying or committing fraud, what they do with the comic they bought from you is their business.  Otherwise what if you know they're gonna resell and donate money to a religious, social, or political entity you disagree with?  What if their kid goes to the rival college of your college?

I hate it simply because many of us work hard selling our books while other folks conduct raffles (gambling)--specifically those who do so to raise more money than the book is worth. And it's become rampant. Just not a fan of it.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, joeypost said:

On e a sale is complete I don’t care what the buyer does with it after. What I don’t like is when I get the “it’s my grail books story” and the book is up on a consignment site a week later. 

With that said there are many I choose not to sell to, but it is not based on previous sales. 

I hate that 'it's my grail'  routine, yet I continue to fall for it. I've sold too many books that I had no intention of ever selling because I thought somebody was a friend and would someday do me a solid. I've found out it doesn't work that way and they forget the 'favor' right after getting the book. To add salt to the wounds, they brag about it here and rub it in your face. I digress, sorry.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Im sure there's alot of people that wont sell to me.

Im a picky baztard.:baiting:

:ohnoez:

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I hate that 'it's my grail'  routine, yet I continue to fall for it. I've sold too many books that I had no intention of ever selling because I thought somebody was a friend and would someday do me a solid. I've found out it doesn't work that way and they forget the 'favor' right after getting the book. To add salt to the wounds, they brag about it here and rub it in your face. I digress, sorry.

I had one guy I did countless favors for for over 30 years including giving him $1000 for an attorney-not lending-giving.  He was always a d*** to me and one day I said 'what has he ever done for me in 30 years?'.  The answer was zip so I excised him.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I had one guy I did countless favors for for over 30 years including giving him $1000 for an attorney-not lending-giving.  He was always a d*** to me and one day I said 'what has he ever done for me in 30 years?'.  The answer was zip so I excised him.

I thought you were'nt going to bring up our dirty laundry.:roflmao:

Just now, oakman29 said:

I thought you were'nt going to bring up our dirty laundry.:roflmao:

5816826697_e148328a7c_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

What if he meat he wasn’t going to mention the Don Henley song? hm

FC612F8F-A479-4BB8-86C5-0F0F1A372113.jpeg.592923974110fb2d9f1a2d9a77e144e3.jpeg

:jokealert:

That's exactly what I meant-the bubble headed bleach blond.

The song was inspired by the intrusive press coverage surrounding the deaths of John Belushi and Natalie Wood, and Henley's own arrest in 1980 when he was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and possession of marijuana, cocaine, and Quaaludes after paramedics treated a 16-year-old girl who subsequently died suffering from drug intoxication at his Los Angeles home.

18 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Kick ‘em when they’re up, kick ‘em when they’re down.

she will tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye.

Edited by Artboy99

I wouldnt not sell to a specific customer but I would not sell to non specific customers by process of random draw.

Edited by kav